Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Do You Give Notice?
kitkat 10:46 AM 11-04-2010
Wow! There are a lot of termination notice questions today, so here's one more! I provide care for 2 families, 1 full time and 1 extrememly part time. Part time just started this school year and is only 1 day a week. The new family is ok, but I've decided that I won't be able to keep them after my baby is born in early March. When they asked me during the summer if I could watch their kids, I told them I could, that I'm pregnant, plan on taking a maternity leave, and they had no problem with that). I was planning on giving them notice soon that their last day will be some time in Feb. I'm just wondering if it's too soon to give notice. I honestly don't care if they leave before Feb. I just don't want them to think I don't like them or their kids or to have any bad feelings (FYI: they are friends with one of my family members). I swear, these hormones are really playing with my emotions right now and I feel like I can't think straight! Please help me out, when would you give notice?
marniewon 12:31 PM 11-04-2010
If you are okay (financially) with them leaving right away, I would let them know now. Just tell them that you know you won't be able to do it after your baby is born, and you wanted to give them enough notice to find someone else. Let them know that you don't want to lose them but don't want to compromise the care you give to all of the kids. There should be no hard feelings that way - you are giving them plenty of notice.
Tags:notice
Reply Up