Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Medical Marijuana Story....
Country Kids 07:29 AM 07-03-2014
happened at at childcare located in the town of our state capital (lovely-)

The owner was qouted at saying she doesnt smoke around the children and has a assistant help her work with the children when she is high! So in my eyes she is either smoking quiete a bit or it impaires her pretty quick.

The state is doing a investigation on it but she may have a case it sounds like.

Story #2-Once again in my state: A babysitter or childcare provider (they didn't really clarify) gave a child Melotnine to keep a child asleep for the day.
The mother went to the police and they said it wasn't criminal as its on over the counter herbal med and no crime was committed.

Thought I would start everyones days off with news stories on childcare from my home state!
Shell 07:36 AM 07-03-2014
I accidentally clicked on a daycare search thru google when I was trying to get to this forum the other day. Story after story was about all the bad that happens at daycares, nothing positive at all
Lyss 10:09 AM 07-03-2014
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
happened at at childcare located in the town of our state capital (lovely-)

The owner was qouted at saying she doesnt smoke around the children and has a assistant help her work with the children when she is high! So in my eyes she is either smoking quiete a bit or it impaires her pretty quick.

The state is doing a investigation on it but she may have a case it sounds like.

Story #2-Once again in my state: A babysitter or childcare provider (they didn't really clarify) gave a child Melotnine to keep a child asleep for the day.
The mother went to the police and they said it wasn't criminal as its on over the counter herbal med and no crime was committed.

Thought I would start everyones days off with news stories on childcare from my home state!
I've been following the medical marijuana case as it's across town from me. From what I understand the state was aware that only one person, the owner, had a medical card but 4 of 5 residents/providers actually have one so they all think the provision (which I think is a joke that she got in the first place) applies to them as well, not just the owner. I hope they shut it down but at the same time this is the 2nd license they have had, they just changed the name and made a different resident the license holder so what's to say it won't happen again?

I haven't heard about the melatonin case!

These make me worry about all the stuff going on we don't know about (regardless of license status). There is always going to be some crazies out there
MOM OF 4 11:30 AM 07-03-2014
Melatonin case? I hadn't heard of that. I had heard of a daycare provider who was arrested for giving the DCK's benadryl w/o parental consent or medical need.
AmyKidsCo 11:52 AM 07-03-2014
Melatonin is OK? Hmmm....

JUST KIDDING!!!
Tags:melatonin hormone
Reply Up