Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>We Now Interrupt This Program With....
Hunni Bee 10:40 AM 11-01-2012
...breaking vent news...

WHAT do they put in Halloween candy now, ether?!? Why have they forgotten everything they ever knew about school??? Not eating mulch, for example.

...back to your forum already in progress.
Sugar Magnolia 11:02 AM 11-01-2012
The.stuff is like crack. Especially red. Red makes them crazy.
juliebug 11:12 AM 11-01-2012
it the sugar high! they need more sugar!
SunshineMama 11:33 AM 11-01-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
The.stuff is like crack. Especially red. Red makes them crazy.
I actually read something that said the red dye, red #40, can cause adhd and concentration problems in children.
Sugar Magnolia 11:50 AM 11-01-2012
Red is a petroleum product I heard. Yuck.
Country Kids 12:44 PM 11-01-2012
OK, are you guys ready for this. We hosted a girls night for my daughter once. All the families were pretty healthy with eating and lifestyles. Well we had ice cream topped with homemade brownies.

These girls turned into animals! I think they never had had sugar and their behavior showed it. Really it was very saddening and embarressing.

They LICKED their bowls so they could get all of it- I had never seen a child do this. This wasn't 1 child this was a good 6-7 and the moms were right there. Their behavior was worse then kids that get sugar in food. I was just astounded that a child would do this.
spud912 01:36 PM 11-01-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:

They LICKED their bowls so they could get all of it- I had never seen a child do this.
I always licked my bowls clean when I was a kid. Shoot, I still do it sometimes when nobody is looking .
Soccermom 06:33 PM 11-01-2012
Originally Posted by spud912:
I always licked my bowls clean when I was a kid. Shoot, I still do it sometimes when nobody is looking .
I do it even when someone is looking LOL
Angelsj 05:16 AM 11-02-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
I actually read something that said the red dye, red #40, can cause adhd and concentration problems in children.
It causes my son to rage. These days, if he gets some, he is irritable and says he has a bad headache. When he was smaller, he would just rage, throw things, have angry meltdowns...it was awful.
He has ADD (no H) and Aspergers.
Reply Up