Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fun Friday!
melilley 10:47 AM 08-09-2013
I am starting to do Fun Fridays every week where the kids and I can do something different. Well this week our theme is camping so I put a tent up on Monday and today for our first Fun Friday we are having pajama day!

Well two kids forgot despite the multiple reminders and the two that remembered showed up in, guess what.....full bodied fleece pajamas with feet (two brothers)! It's almost 80 degrees here! Needless to say, pj day only lasted for the morning. The older brother was upset, but he was outside and sweating!
Then I go to get them dressed and I thought they had extra clothes, but they don't (totally my fault, I swear they just brought extra clothes) so they have to wear their swimsuits for the rest of the day. Oh well, the life of a kid....
MsLaura529 10:48 AM 08-09-2013
We did camping this week, too
melilley 10:51 AM 08-09-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
We did camping this week, too
We actually started the theme last week and the kids are enjoying it so much that we may do it next week too...lol
MsLaura529 11:01 AM 08-09-2013
Haha, we're extending it into next week, too.

What kind of things are you doing that the kids are enjoying the most, if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering if there is something neat I could add in for next week.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:02 AM 08-09-2013
I have only 3 today and everyone will be picked up by 5:30 so it is fun for me!! (I was suppose to have one until 6:30 but her dad said, no I am picking up I will see you around 5!) Yellow day has been 3 days now I am hoping after nap to feed them snack and play in the backyard until pick up!!
Now I can run to the bank and grocery store tonight. I am driving to pick up my dd at college tomorrow!
JoseyJo 11:09 AM 08-09-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
I am starting to do Fun Fridays every week where the kids and I can do something different. Well this week our theme is camping so I put a tent up on Monday and today for our first Fun Friday we are having pajama day!

Well two kids forgot despite the multiple reminders and the two that remembered showed up in, guess what.....full bodied fleece pajamas with feet (two brothers)! It's almost 80 degrees here! Needless to say, pj day only lasted for the morning. The older brother was upset, but he was outside and sweating!
Then I go to get them dressed and I thought they had extra clothes, but they don't (totally my fault, I swear they just brought extra clothes) so they have to wear their swimsuits for the rest of the day. Oh well, the life of a kid....
We had PJ day here today too! We haven't had one in years We have two little ones heading of to K and today is their last day. We went to a favorite field trip yesterday for one and today we are having PJ day for the other.

Everyone here did remember (I put it on the daily logs, reminded every parent at p/u yesterday, and even texted a few I thought would forget!) but we did have one little one in flannel footed. He made it until nap time and then changed into shorts
JoseyJo 11:12 AM 08-09-2013

What kind of things are you doing that the kids are enjoying the most, if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering if there is something neat I could add in for next week.
Here everyone's favorite camping activity by FAR is going on a "nature hike" (walk around the block) and pretending we are hiking to our campsite. When we get back to the house we discover that hubby has set up the pop up tent in the yard. We go into the tent, tell stories, act silly, pull down the flaps and use flashlights, etc We do it every year during our camping theme- it never gets old!
melilley 02:38 PM 08-09-2013

Well my kids are all 2.5 (well 2 are almost 3) and under so going anywhere is out of the question and I don't feel comfy transporting them.
Their favorite thing was playing in a tent that I set up inside! They thought it was the neatest thing! We also had Smores one day for snack (made in the microwave), read books about camping, talked (as much as they could) about camping and tents and rv's, I usually don't have them watch tv, but coincidentally there was a Word World episode on camping (PBS) and also a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode on it. I have a scene on the wall that we keep adding to, it started out as the ocean so we made fish and things, anyways there is "sand" there too so we painted cardboard box parts and put it on the wall to make a fire in the sand, had a sleeping bag, then had pj day today. We were going to "camp out" in the tent during nap, but my house is pretty open and I don't think they would sleep with the other noises going on.
All in all they love this theme!
Reply Up