Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crawlers and Dresses
Silly Songs 07:06 PM 04-19-2017
Does anyone else cringe when you see a little one trying to crawl wearing a dress ? It's so hard for them. I'm helping a neighbor with a 9 month old and another child. I'm constantly tucking the dress up so the baby can get across the floor. I finally used a hair clip to make the dress shorter in the front, then she took off !
Denali 08:08 PM 04-19-2017
Drives me batty. The same when parents dress crawlers in white pants. Then make the comment "oh, you got your pretty pants dirty..."

Yup, sure did! 😁
Blackcat31 06:36 AM 04-20-2017
Crawlers in dresses is second on my list of annoyances.
The first is potty training children in bib over-alls, "onsies" or with belts.

I remember when my own DD first started crawling.... I think she got 3 or 4 fat/bloody lips before I realized she was "tripping" on her dress while crawling and smacking her face on the floor.
Magic 06:57 AM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Crawlers in dresses is second on my list of annoyances.
The first is potty training children in bib over-alls, "onsies" or with belts.
I just did a news letter and in it was ...please make my life easier ..so I can spend more time watching children than changing them dressing them ex ..no many buttons, overalls ex...and the potty training outfits ...so now I have pull ups with very tight pants and tucked into socks ...and muddy buddies ...sigh...but almost no button sewaters ..almost
childcaremom 07:54 AM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by Magic:
I just did a news letter and in it was ...please make my life easier ..so I can spend more time watching children than changing them dressing them ex ..no many buttons, overalls ex...and the potty training outfits ...so now I have pull ups with very tight pants and tucked into socks ...and muddy buddies ...sigh...but almost no button sewaters ..almost
Oh my gosh. I dislike these things so much. And so many parents love them.
AmyKidsCo 09:34 AM 04-20-2017
Yep. I usually change their clothes for the day then change back before pick up. Same with bibs/tight pants for potty trainers, light pants for crawlers, etc.
Reply Up