Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Our Very Own Robin Cam!
kidkair 05:52 AM 05-06-2011
I have a robin nesting on my house and was able to set up a web camera right over the nest. I thought I might have worried the robin too much since she didn't come back after I was done but she was back this morning! I need one more extension cable so we can see the cam on the computer easily. I'm on vacation next week but we I come back the new cables should be here and maybe some eggs to watch too!
Zoe 06:10 AM 05-06-2011
What a great idea! We have a robin's nest at our house too. Now you've got me thinking......
PitterPatter 07:27 AM 05-06-2011
Oh how cool! I have no way to set a cam up but I have finches. I took pics last yr of them growing in stages. They return every year.
Lilbutterflie 10:10 AM 05-06-2011
That's wonderful! Keep us updated!

We have a pair of finches that somehow think our gas barbeque is their favorite nesting spot. This year we discovered yet another nest but it was empty and we needed to barbeque so my DH threw it out on the grass. 5 days later we discovered that mama finch laid one egg straight on the grill! No nest, no material. Straight on the grill! Silly bird.
kidkair 12:47 PM 05-06-2011
We saw them building the nest this morning but seemed to have scared them off with going in and out of the house. I'm hoping they come back again like they did yesterday. I'm on vacation for the next week so that should give them plenty of quiet time. Our resident squirrel babies are big enough that they were walking around on the roof without mama today so that was fun! I really need a better zoom on my camera to get good pictures of them. I also need to find a way to take pictures with the web cam so we can get some pictures of the robin nest provided they return.
nannyde 04:37 PM 05-06-2011
I want to watch your robins KID.
PitterPatter 05:37 PM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
That's wonderful! Keep us updated!

We have a pair of finches that somehow think our gas barbeque is their favorite nesting spot. This year we discovered yet another nest but it was empty and we needed to barbeque so my DH threw it out on the grass. 5 days later we discovered that mama finch laid one egg straight on the grill! No nest, no material. Straight on the grill! Silly bird.
She couldn't hold it any longer! Either that or she wanted a fried egg sammy. Oh lord that was bad forgive me.
Michael 10:11 PM 05-06-2011
I set up a mobile outdoor video camera that connect remotely to my computer. I was also able to see my view from my iPhone in real time. I would imagine the same thing could be set up easily for your nest. The camera was $100 and the receiver came with it. There are some free software available like http://www.yawcam.com that helps you connect your camera to the internet.
kidkair 12:25 PM 05-17-2011
Sorry to say the robins decided to nest else where. They finished the nest and left it. If they ever come back I now have a program to at least take video and still pictures using the camera and enough cord to hook it to the computer in a good spot. I can possibly set it up on my web page too but I haven't looked into it since the robins left.
Michael 12:28 PM 05-17-2011
Thanks for the update.
kidkair 07:31 AM 06-22-2011
The robins are back! This time they laid two eggs! I'll try and post pictures during nap time.
kidkair 11:33 AM 06-22-2011
Okay. I'm not sure how to post them here but I got pictures up on my website! kidkair.webs.com
Tags:nature based
Reply Up