Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Northern Virginia Providers
Unregistered 08:08 PM 12-12-2013
Is anyone located in northern Virginia? I am a provider, thinking of relocating and curious about rates? I have poked around online, looking at ads on Craigslist and such and it seems like about $250 per week is average for full day daycare? Is this accurate? This seems too good to be true to me. Lol. I live in Southern California now and it isn't even that much here. I am also curious about the ratio. It looks like 1:8 for preschool age? I only do preschool age. Between that and the rate, that could mean some amazing income. VA providers, is this accurate? Thanks!
Cradle2crayons 08:34 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Is anyone located in northern Virginia? I am a provider, thinking of relocating and curious about rates? I have poked around online, looking at ads on Craigslist and such and it seems like about $250 per week is average for full day daycare? Is this accurate? This seems too good to be true to me. Lol. I live in Southern California now and it isn't even that much here. I am also curious about the ratio. It looks like 1:8 for preschool age? I only do preschool age. Between that and the rate, that could mean some amazing income. VA providers, is this accurate? Thanks!
I'm not in virginia but now thinking about moving. Max here is 5 kids total period and average rates are about $80 a week lol
Unregistered 08:56 PM 12-12-2013
Lol. I have basically my whole family there and I am going through a divorce, so my reasons to relocate are more than financial, but if those rates are accurate, count me in! Lol. Here the going rate is $150-$175 per week, which is good. Cost of living there is about the same as here, so if the rates are accurate, that could be a great income!
KidGrind 08:59 PM 12-12-2013
A DCF of mine mentioned they paid $1200 per month for 3 days a week. They were receiving care in Northern Virginia. I hope this helps answer your question.
Unregistered 09:16 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
A DCF of mine mentioned they paid $1200 per month for 3 days a week. They were receiving care in Northern Virginia. I hope this helps answer your question.
That is just crazy!... Or awesome, depending on whose perspective you are looking at it from. lol. Thank you for the input.
MCC 05:55 AM 12-13-2013
I live in Northern Va and my 2014 rate is 280, 52 weeks of payments, no part timers, and I have never had a spot sit open for more than a week.

There is a HUGE demand for care in this area, and not a lot of quality home providers. In my zip code there are 7 licensed providers, and a population of 27,841.

I'm about 15 minutes from DC, but I know in places closer (Like Alexandria) the home daycare rates are over $300/week.

HTH, and PM me if you want more info.

ETA: That I didn't mean only licensed providers are "quality providers". Just that I can only see a listing of licensed providers, not a listing of unlicensed. There are probably about 5-10 unlicensed providers.
melskids 06:22 AM 12-13-2013
My sister lives in Northern VA and she is in the process of opening a home childcare. She called around a bit, and said her local rates are around $250-$280 a week as well.

That's almost twice what I get here.
Unregistered 12:48 PM 12-13-2013
Wow. That is good to hear too. I would be right outside of DC... not sure exactly what area, but it sounds like a good business to be in in that area.
MCC 10:20 AM 12-14-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Wow. That is good to hear too. I would be right outside of DC... not sure exactly what area, but it sounds like a good business to be in in that area.
Just keep in mind that the COL is quite high. Our traditional 70's style split foyer home cost over 530k. So it really does even out.
Tags:virginia member
Reply Up