Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Covid-19 Waiver
VAmomof4 03:17 PM 07-07-2020
Has anyone started using a Covid 19 waiver form for the parents? I'm registered as an LLC and wondering if I need to?
Michael 03:29 PM 07-07-2020
I’ll see if I can find one. Here is a thread that has a waiver that you could adjust for COVID-19: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47260
Michael 03:32 PM 07-07-2020
Daycare.com advises you to consult a licensed professional attorney before using or copying any document listed or posted on this website.

WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT

In consideration for receiving permission to BE ON PREMISES at ______________________________(hereinafter the “Daycare or business”), I, on behalf of myself and any minor child/children for whom I have the capacity to contract, hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:

1. I understand the hazards of the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) and am familiar with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) guidelines regarding COVID-19. I acknowledge and understand that that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated and I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates.

2. Notwithstanding the risks associated with COVID-19, which I readily acknowledge, I hereby willingly choose to participate in Daycare or business Activities.

3. I acknowledge and fully assume the risk of illness or death related to COVID-19 arising from my being on the premises and participating in the Activities and hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE (on behalf of myself and any minor children form whom I have the capacity contract) MY DAYCARE (_____________________________), their owners, officers, directors, agents, employees and assigns (the “RELEASEES”) from any liability related to COVID-19 which might occur as a result my being on the premises and participating in the Activities.

4. I shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the RELEASEES from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, losses or expenses of any nature whatsoever (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, costs and disbursements, whether of in-house or outside counsel and whether or not an action is brought, on appeal or otherwise), arising from or out of, or relating to, directly or indirectly, the infection of COVID-19 or any other illness or injury.

5. It is my express intent that this Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind any assigns and representatives, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above-named RELEASEES. This Agreement and the provisions contained herein shall be construed, interpreted and controlled according to the laws of the State of _____________________.

I HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY DISPUTE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS WAIVER WAS EXPRESSLY NEGOTIATED AND IS A MATERIAL INDUCEMENT THE PERMISSION GRANTED BY RELEASEES TO BE ON PREMISES AND PARTICIPATE IN THE ACTIVITIES.

IN SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Wavier of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have signed this Waiver and Agreement under seal on this _____________________________ day of _______________________, 202_______.

SIGNATURE: _______________________________________________
NAME: ______________________________________________________
NAMES OF MINOR CHILD(REN): ________________________________________________________________________________
284878 06:32 AM 07-08-2020
Others have posted about this and Tom Copeland says not to worry about it.
Tags:coronavirus - waiver, covid-19, covid-19 - waiver, waiver
Reply Up