Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Odoban?
Unregistered 01:20 PM 02-07-2014
What do you find is the best scent to clean with? One that covers odors leaving a fresh, but not overly powerful scent.
Blackcat31 01:30 PM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What do you find is the best scent to clean with? One that covers odors leaving a fresh, but not overly powerful scent.
I prefer the citrus or lavender scents.
mema 01:37 PM 02-07-2014
I have only used lavendar. It's definately not as strong as bleach. I don't get headaches from the smell
mountainside13 01:49 PM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My sams club only has eucalyptus. I really like the smell but I would prefer lavender!
sharlan 02:22 PM 02-07-2014
I HATE the smell of lavendar. I'll take any scent over that.

As far as ODOBAN, I LOVE it. I've started using it in every single load of towels and rags. I spray my carpets with Odoban before cleaning them.
Leigh 08:08 PM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I HATE the smell of lavendar. I'll take any scent over that.

As far as ODOBAN, I LOVE it. I've started using it in every single load of towels and rags. I spray my carpets with Odoban before cleaning them.
I spray it AFTER cleaning them (put it in the machine and let the machine spray it on, then let it dry overnight) the house smells great afterward for days!
Unregistered 06:36 AM 02-08-2014
hmmm so:

one vote citrus
3 lavender
eucalyptus good
one strongly detests lavender

I have someone picking me up a bottle maybe I'll let him decide
Cradle2crayons 05:17 PM 02-08-2014
I vote eucalyptus... I couldn't stand the lavender at all... EWWWWW lol
mountainside13 06:17 PM 02-08-2014
I should clarify. I have never smelled the lavender of the Odoban, I just personally love the smell of lavender! I'm not sure if the odoban just smells really bad or maybe the others don't like lavender? Not sure. But no matter the smell, I still LOVE the product!!!
Blackcat31 08:38 AM 02-09-2014
... lavender scent is a great sleep aide....
Unregistered 02:07 PM 02-09-2014
A great sleep aide for the kids or provider The lullaby music about has me drifting off at nap as it is.
Lucy 06:30 PM 04-01-2014
Replying to a (sort-of) old post.

My step-daughter has terrible pet odors. I know nothing about this product, but always see where you guys have posted about and recommended it. Would it help with pet odors in carpet and on furniture? Please tell me more about it. Where is it sold and who makes it? Is it the best for odor removal? Does it take it away, or just mask it? Thanks so much gals!!!

ETA: Oh wait.... upon reading further, maybe it's a laundry thing. Oops!! Ok, so can you recommend something for pet odors?
craftymissbeth 06:39 PM 04-01-2014
It's not a laundry thing, but can be used to remove odors in the laundry.

I find mine at walmart by the febreze
craftymissbeth 06:41 PM 04-01-2014
Oh and my dog has a problem peeing ALL OVER his little room. I use odoban and it works really well on the smell.
Cradle2crayons 09:07 PM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Lucy:
Replying to a (sort-of) old post.

My step-daughter has terrible pet odors. I know nothing about this product, but always see where you guys have posted about and recommended it. Would it help with pet odors in carpet and on furniture? Please tell me more about it. Where is it sold and who makes it? Is it the best for odor removal? Does it take it away, or just mask it? Thanks so much gals!!!

ETA: Oh wait.... upon reading further, maybe it's a laundry thing. Oops!! Ok, so can you recommend something for pet odors?
It's in the cleaning isle but yes, you can use it in the laundry... I also out it into the steam cleaner... It's a deodorizer AND a disinfectant... It works on everything... I mop with it, use it in laundry sometimes (dogs bedding, sports stickies etc), steam clean with it, wipe things down with it, you name it, you can use it.

But it's in the cleaning isle... I get mine at Home Depot but some walmarts and SAMs clubs have it also or it can be ordered online.
Childminder 11:27 AM 04-02-2014
I love Odoban and don't have a preference on scent, just remember that Odoban is extremely toxic and flammable. Here is the MSDS:http://www.cleancontrol.com/media/MS...oBan_62510.pdf
Tags:odoban, odor
Reply Up