Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Caring for 3 infants?
Unregistered 02:23 PM 10-23-2008
Would you be comfortable caring for 3 infants,
6 mths
5 mths
2 mths
Along with a 3 yr old and a 4 yr old child.

I am a home provider, I care for one infant now, and it is great, and I feel comfortable taking on another, and just booked the family. Now a friend with an infant is asking me to do her a favor. Not sure what I should do. the older kids are quite easy going, as well as the infants. I realize that I am only supposed to care for 2 under two, and (please dont bask me ) but yes I am considering it anyway.
lilbiddapopcorn 12:38 PM 10-24-2008
I know you may want to help your friend, and you may even enjoy the babies and all, but is it worth losing your license over? You will get unexpected visits and you're going to have to explain why you're over your quota with babies. And I know you said not to bask you, but they do make these laws for a reason. It's because you're human and you can only divide your attention so much. If you want to focus on babies, why not take on 4 babies and no older kids? Infants need so much attention and so do tods, I wouldn't put myself in a position where I may not be able to give them all 100% and I wouldn't risk my license over it either.
Unregistered 10:11 AM 10-27-2008
What you can try to do is write a letter to DHS & ask for an exception to the rule, but you have to include the hours of the children you have now & why the parent needs you to watch their child (other providers over limit too?)

I just did this & am waiting for a reply back.
Tags:over capacity
Reply Up