Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Shoes
Fruitloops1 06:22 PM 12-12-2012
What does everyone wear on their feet during daycare hours? I wear socks, sneakers, or fluffy ankle "boot" type slippers. My feet ache at the end of the day. The sneakers get too tight after my feet swell towards the end of the day. Anyone have a daycare shoe they ?
CozyHome 07:21 PM 12-12-2012
I like bare feet until the weather gets cold, then socks and comfy slippers are on my feet all day long. I definitely go the casual route here. Outside, it's flipflops until my feet freeze, then running shoes and I don't put my big old boots on until the snow gets deep.
Nickel 07:51 PM 12-12-2012
yup yup. I was bare foot or wearing flip flops until recently. I hate shoes, really and truly. Anyway, as it is finally getting cold I started wearing slippers that have rubber soles. i got them from walmart, they sort of look like shoes. At least enough that I can go outside with them and not be embarrased.

They are slip on clogs and are slightly bigger than my normal shoe size. Mainly because I hate feeling like my toes are squished inside my shoe. I love love love them and wear them all day long until my feet get too hot, then I kick them off and go barefoot again

At first I felt weird, but hey, it's my house. And many of my dck end up taking their shoes off too, so why not
Neekie 08:19 PM 12-12-2012
Socks here. I hate shoes! I used to go barefoot indoors in warm weather, but now I don't because I have a fungus in my toenails. It is supposedly not contagious, but it just doesn't look good and I don't want to take any chances. I only wear shoes when my feet swell up because wearing shoes makes the swelling go down or when we go outside. My dd is buyng me some slippers for Christmas because my feet get cold in the winter. I can't wait to get some nice, warm, comfy slippers...leather on the outside and fuzzy on the inside.

We have a no shoe policy in my house to protect the carpets. Children and adults are to remove their shoes before stepping on my carpet. Funny thing is that if parents see me wearing shoes, they will walk right in with their shoes on even though they have been told many times that I wear shoes at times because of swollen feet and that those particular shoes are only worn indoors. I guess they figure it gives them a license to wear their shoes.
Meeko 08:27 PM 12-12-2012
We have a no shoes in the house policy. I wear socks and sometimes some black slippers (nothing too fuzzy!).
Scout 03:46 AM 12-13-2012
I do not wear shoes either. It is cold here though so we don't currently go outside. I would like to take them out in the snow this winter though.
Meyou 04:44 AM 12-13-2012
I wear socks or bare feet when I can. For outside I have a really good pair of hiking boots and good sneakers with lots of support. I walk at least 3km each day with the kids so my feet get sore.
NeedaVaca 04:57 AM 12-13-2012
We also have a no shoe policy but I wear crocs as my "slippers", they are so comfortable. Wouldn't wear them out in public but I think they are so comfortable for around the house,
countrymom 05:06 AM 12-13-2012
I too have a no shoe policy here, but I wear slippers or crocs on my feet. I like my flip flops in the summer, the minute I can I wear them. I have now discovered my odd nike slip on flip flop (not the one with the toe piece), omg they are so comfortable I think I'm going to get a pair. I wear hers all the time even thou they are 2.5 sizes too big.
williams2008 05:11 AM 12-13-2012
Socks here as well!! The kids are allowed to wear their shoes, but I think that's fixing to change because I have so many smalls ones who just love taking their shoes off during the day. So where do you'll keep their shoes, in their cubby, by the door?
coolconfidentme 05:45 AM 12-13-2012
Looks like I'm different..., I wear shoes..., all the time. I think it's more professional. I also require the kids to have shoes on.
jenn 06:01 AM 12-13-2012
I am almost always barefoot inside and keep flip flops/slip on shoes by the door for going outside. I guess it's weird that I feel like I have to have hair done/make up on/and nice comfy clothes on(jeans, nice shirt), but yet never wear shoes.
daycaremom76 06:15 AM 12-13-2012
Bare Feet even in the winter
Before I opened my daycare I used to work at a job that I had to dress business professional is I am still in my "I'm Free" stage and only put shoes on when we go outside!
Blackcat31 06:43 AM 12-13-2012
I wear slippers inside at daycare. My DCK's also ALL wear slippers too.

I am spoiled at home and have in floor heat so when I come to daycare, my feet freeze.

I do NOT go barefoot. Ewww! (Unless I am at the beach ) and even wear light slippers in the summer time.

I do NOT allow anyone to wear shoes in the house. ever.

I think littles benefit more from NOT wearing shoes. Plus it eliminates the possibility of anyone getting their toes or fingers stepped on by others.
Hazel 07:06 AM 12-13-2012
I have a no shoe policy for the kids, but that's bc I've had one i that stepped in dog poo and did not notice, and neither did his parents! I was so grossed out that I replaced the rug! (he had them on all morning and I found it when I was putting them back on after nap!) so for the kids? No shoes.
I personally wear my sneakers in the winter but as soon as its warm enough, flip flops come out bc my feet make me crazy when its warm out! They get so hot so fast and if theyre hot, im miserable!
I will also wear rubber soled/open back slippers that can pass enough for shoes. They are cable knitted and black, not fuzzy at all.
Neekie 11:45 AM 12-13-2012
Originally Posted by williams2008:
Socks here as well!! The kids are allowed to wear their shoes, but I think that's fixing to change because I have so many smalls ones who just love taking their shoes off during the day. So where do you'll keep their shoes, in their cubby, by the door?
I have shoe or boot trays by the front door. Keeps all the snow, road salt, and mud on the trays and off my carpets.
Fruitloops1 11:51 AM 12-13-2012
I love my flip flops too, but my feet HURT so bad afterwards. I need to find something with more foot support. I wore crocs once and slipped on baby puke! Had a bruise on my bum the size of Texas...
MNMum 12:00 PM 12-13-2012
Good supportive tennis shoes here. For everyone else, it's shoes off. But my legs and back can't take it all day without good support. It's either that, or I can't stand stepping on crumbs...ticks me off, so I always have shoes on!
kitkat 12:24 PM 12-13-2012
Crocs! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I have the lined ones that keep my feet toasty warm. Slippers weren't providing enough support, so I tried Crocs and my feet don't hurt anymore at the end of the day. Totally worth the money I spent. I would wear them to bed if I could
kitykids3 12:31 PM 12-13-2012
I have to wear tennies with supportive insoles or my plantar fasciitis acts up. If I'm sitting on the floor with them playing for a while I'll slip my bootie slippers on to keep feet warm. Everyone else is a no shoes policy.
LK5kids 02:55 AM 12-14-2012
I look for cute clearance priced ballet flats.....love those-they are the best. I also wear socks or flip
flops.. I've also invested in a few pairs of Puma tennies.....cute and comfy!
Lianne 05:12 AM 12-14-2012
Crocs. They're ugly but as a very overweight person, they're comfortable and my back/legs don't hurt wearing them. In fact, I can tell if I haven't been wearing them for a day by how tired/achey my body is in the evening.
williams2008 05:14 AM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by Neekie:
I have shoe or boot trays by the front door. Keeps all the snow, road salt, and mud on the trays and off my carpets.
Where did you find the trays if you don't mind me asking?
lil angels 06:43 AM 12-14-2012
No shoes in the house either. I do socks the silliest ones I can find in the winter time then bare feet most of the time in the summer.
jen2651 11:00 AM 12-14-2012
I was always a die hard Croc fan for shoes (indoor and outdoor pair) but I invested in a pair of Birkenstock clogs (yes, just like my mother used to have - and now hates) and I swear, these are so valuable to me. My husband hates them and I swore I would never wear them in public but that went down the drain once I realized how great they were.

I am telling you - for all you croc/slipper people, these are the way to go. I am sold!
Reply Up