Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cold day- school closed
DaveA 04:42 AM 02-19-2015
Several schools closed last night for today due to cold temps and wind chill at morning bus times. So time to break out the "snow day box" for my 2 kids and the 2 school agers who are going to be here all day. We were going to make playdoh today anyway, so I guess I need to double the batch now.

A few of the larger districts in this area didn't close. The reaction on Facebook is priceless: no one is happy. Districts that closed are being wimps, districts that didn't are endangering kids. I swear sometimes I think that if someone posted "The sun came up this morning" it would start a brawl.
Thriftylady 04:47 AM 02-19-2015
We have been out all week due to snow and cold. Right now, I only have two and they are both school age, but I am running out of activities for them. We are having beach day today. Coloring beach pictures, looking for sea shells in a bin of rice, having a "picnic" in the living room, and a movie this afternoon. I don't do a lot of TV, but this week needs a change up.
Kabob 04:57 AM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
I swear sometimes I think that if someone posted "The sun came up this morning" it would start a brawl.
Gotta love your humor.

It's still a mite chilly here but nothing like last year so I keep thinking I should be trying to get outside until I look at the temp and realize it is -30 something with the wind...yeesh...
blueskiesbutterflies 05:00 AM 02-19-2015
My kids school have been closed all week!!!! I love my kids but boy do they make daycare naps hard on me!
Annalee 06:43 AM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by blueskiesbutterflies:
My kids school have been closed all week!!!! I love my kids but boy do they make daycare naps hard on me!
My kids are out all week, too. I was closed pres. day and no kids came Tuesday. Only had 3 yesterday and 5 today but the ice is expected to return for tommorrow so maybe I will have NO ONE tommorrow.
CraftyMom 07:50 AM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Several schools closed last night for today due to cold temps and wind chill at morning bus times. So time to break out the "snow day box" for my 2 kids and the 2 school agers who are going to be here all day. We were going to make playdoh today anyway, so I guess I need to double the batch now.

A few of the larger districts in this area didn't close. The reaction on Facebook is priceless: no one is happy. Districts that closed are being wimps, districts that didn't are endangering kids. I swear sometimes I think that if someone posted "The sun came up this morning" it would start a brawl.
People do the same thing here about school...if they don't close it's BULL, if they do close it's BULL...school district can't win!
Reply Up