Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Notifying Parents
NillaWafers 07:06 AM 09-26-2016
Well, today I am notifying parents of my impending move. I am so nervous! They will have a whole month to find new care, so I hope there will not be any drama or confrontations. Is there a good "my daycare is closing" letter floating around? Thanks!
Baby Beluga 08:02 AM 09-26-2016
I don't have a letter for you - but want to wish you good luck!
Meeko 01:12 PM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
Well, today I am notifying parents of my impending move. I am so nervous! They will have a whole month to find new care, so I hope there will not be any drama or confrontations. Is there a good "my daycare is closing" letter floating around? Thanks!
If there is drama or confrontation.....that's 100% THEIR problem. You don't belong to their family and have a right to move!!!! Smile big the whole time!
CityGarden 01:19 PM 09-26-2016
NO letter but (((HUGS))) congrats on your upcoming move!!!!

Have you considered reaching out to a couple local home daycare you could maybe suggest to them?
daycare 02:59 PM 09-26-2016
I had to do it several years ago when I moved across state.

It not like they have a choice and as PP said if they create drama out of it, it's not your issue to manage their feelings about it.

I did type up a letter and then talked about it face to face with them. I gave them all a 3 month notice set the ground rules of still needing to have to give notice of termination of care in writing per our contract. I did tell them I would work with them as much as I could.

I just said something like this..

I am excited to inform all of you that my family has been given a wonderful opportunity that we just can't refuse. Sadly, this opportunity is requiring us to move across state.

The thought of moving, already brings tears to my eyes, knowing that I won't be getting to see each and everyone of you every morning and afternoon. I do hope that you keep in contact with me in any way that you can.

In wanting to make sure that everyone had more than enough time to find care, I am giving you a 3 month notice. OUr last day of operation will be xxx. During this time, all rules of the childcare will continue to be enforced, including our termination policy. Please be sure that you are following our termination policy to assure you receive your deposited refunded in back in full on your exit date.

I have put the word out to other provider friends of mine in the area who I know you would love just as much as me, maybe more... I have included their number for their convenience.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for trusting me to be your child's first teacher, I will miss all of you.

DCP
CityGarden 12:56 PM 09-27-2016
So how did it go?
NillaWafers 01:07 PM 09-27-2016
It went great. I am having such a hard time with life right now, though.
Controlled Chaos 03:03 PM 09-27-2016
I'm sorry.
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
It went great. I am having such a hard time with life right now, though.

Reply Up