Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What's Annoying You Lately?
Valerie928 12:55 PM 02-05-2020
Just need to vent here but feel free to chime in with any annoying things going on you'd like to share.
Father of dcg 2 drops off always. Lately he comes 10-15 minutes before scheduled drop off time and just sits with her in his car in my driveway. This grates my nerves. He only does this because god forbid he actually hang out at home and play with her for awhile before coming here. Any of you experienced this? Why is this so annoying to me?

This other family constantly brings me their sick kids 3 and 8 months old. By the time I observe they are sick they have already sneezed and coughed on everything.

Is it Friday yet?
MomBoss 01:32 PM 02-05-2020
The lingering....takes me forever to get parents to leave. They will literally stand here in silence. Ill have to say “ well ok have a good night!”
Ac114 01:37 PM 02-05-2020
Just had a parent block the doorway from letting another parent enter my daycare area. We built a 10x5 foot enclosure that’s about 4 feet tall. The point was to hand the parents their kids and have the parents get them ready and put the door (where I used to have kids run amuck and parents coming in and lingering etc) well then dad proceeded to take his sweet time and would not move after I asked him TWICE to move because another parent was trying to enter. Completely ignored me. Speechless.
Blackcat31 03:12 PM 02-05-2020
Work.
Valerie928 03:14 PM 02-05-2020
Originally Posted by Ac114:
Just had a parent block the doorway from letting another parent enter my daycare area. We built a 10x5 foot enclosure that’s about 4 feet tall. The point was to hand the parents their kids and have the parents get them ready and put the door (where I used to have kids run amuck and parents coming in and lingering etc) well then dad proceeded to take his sweet time and would not move after I asked him TWICE to move because another parent was trying to enter. Completely ignored me. Speechless.
I had a lingering mom, it was absolutely insane. Her kid was acting up and she just kept yapping away. I finally just implemented the bye bye outside. I just hand the child over and bye. My life is easier now that way.
Valerie928 03:15 PM 02-05-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Work.
Lol, ya. This sums it up.
Gemma 03:29 PM 02-05-2020
The never ending ridiculous licensing regulations ...like having to sign myself in and out every day, even though I live here!
Unregistered 03:35 PM 02-05-2020
Frozen 2 songs that all my kids sing with Alexa. I hate high voices. It kills my ears. Especially if 8-10 kids join to Alexa and a half of them sing it in a wrong tune.
But they really are enjoying, so I endure this torture every morning before breakfast.
Cat Herder 03:48 PM 02-05-2020
Bronchitis.

I. Must. Sleep.
Ariana 04:55 PM 02-05-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Bronchitis.

I. Must. Sleep.
Oh crap . Feel better
flying_babyb 04:57 PM 02-05-2020
One kids 30 min naps, the other whos clingy and whiney since mom annoced shes preggers, the ever changing rues ( I work in a center) and my co teachers inabilty to remember the garbage.
Ariana 04:58 PM 02-05-2020
What doesn’t annoy me?

Never ending chatty parents. Parents who think they know anything about child development. Parents who tell me their kid is doing xyz at home but they have no clue how to do xyz at my house.

I guess long story short: Parents
BoysMom 06:09 PM 02-05-2020
Nearly 2-year old toddlers who answer "no" to everything, then melt into a face-down sobbing puddle on the floor when someone else does what they refused to do. I have three little ones turning 2 this month and they have all started doing this this week
BumbleBee 06:56 PM 02-05-2020
My new food program monitor. Recently had my 3rd visit with her. I'm done. Sat on it for a week to give myself time to think. Nope, done. Calling my sponsor tomorrow to quit.
Leigh 07:29 PM 02-05-2020
What's annoying me? F$%&(*! KidKare! Every.dang.month. it is something when I go to enter meals. Today, it is taking an average of 57 seconds to load pages between entries (I had nothing else to do but to time it! ). My internet speed test shows 145 mbps. Other pages load instantly. I tried my phone on wifi and on LTE and both load pages instantly other than kidkare. When will they EVER get their crap together?
dolores 10:11 PM 02-05-2020
I've been having trouble with Kidkare too. Check in/out page takes several refreshes before it loads verrrrry slowly and this is after i've turned ipad off/on. Same with meal attendance. Very frustrating!
Josiegirl 02:32 AM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Gemma:
The never ending ridiculous licensing regulations ...like having to sign myself in and out every day, even though I live here!
Say what???? And that promotes quality childcare how.....??
Ridiculous. SMH I swear people sitting at those desks have too much time on their hands.
Josiegirl 02:35 AM 02-06-2020
I hope everybody's week improves!!! Nothing like annoyances to make a long season that much longer.
Feel better CH!

My only gripe ATM is when adults don't wash their hands. Kids do better than the adults that I know.
littlefriends 04:50 AM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
The lingering....takes me forever to get parents to leave. They will literally stand here in silence. Ill have to say “ well ok have a good night!”
THIS!!!! Ugh, I hate it.
Jupadia 05:30 AM 02-06-2020
Not daycare, but effects my daycare.

The teachers here are doing rotating strikes, so last week my kids missed 1 day, this week they have esculated strike action and are doing 2 days. Next week 2 days no school, plus a PD day, so they only have 2 days of school next week.

This is not to bad for me cause I am home and dont have to search for childcare. But it's also winter so where trapped in for longer hours, then summer when I'm use to having them home. Next week my 7 year old will probably drive me crazy and have to much extra screen time upstairs so I can get him out of my hair.
Valerie928 06:27 AM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by ariana:
what doesn’t annoy me?

Never ending chatty parents. Parents who think they know anything about child development. Parents who tell me their kid is doing xyz at home but they have no clue how to do xyz at my house.

I guess long story short: Parents
i could not agree more!
Gemma 06:28 AM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
My new food program monitor. Recently had my 3rd visit with her. I'm done. Sat on it for a week to give myself time to think. Nope, done. Calling my sponsor tomorrow to quit.
Could you request a new monitor?
Msdunny 06:44 AM 02-06-2020
This week? The mom who literally hasn't spoken to me since I gave her a two-week notice 2 week ago (notice given for continuing to break my policies and for arguing with me over them). Not.a.word spoken to me in two weeks. I've gotten 1 or 2 word texts, but nothing else.

Today is their last day, and I am thrilled. I'm over this.
Blackcat31 07:02 AM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
This week? The mom who literally hasn't spoken to me since I gave her a two-week notice 2 week ago (notice given for continuing to break my policies and for arguing with me over them). Not.a.word spoken to me in two weeks. I've gotten 1 or 2 word texts, but nothing else.

Today is their last day, and I am thrilled. I'm over this.
Isn't that bizarre?

I have a DCM right now that isn't speaking to me either.

We had an issue with communication via texting and it got blown out of proportion in a big way. Considering it started because of a lack of open communication, I don't understand the silent treatment now.

But I just don't have it in me to try and smooth things over.
If she isn't speaking to me, I guess it's one less parent that I need to deal with so it's all good.

But how strange that parents choose that method of behavior when things don't go their way.
Msdunny 07:09 AM 02-06-2020
Isn't that bizarre?

We had an issue with communication via texting and it got blown out of proportion in a big way. Considering it started because of a lack of open communication, I don't understand the silent treatment now.

If she isn't speaking to me, I guess it's one less parent that I need to deal with so it's all good.

But how strange that parents choose that method of behavior when things don't go their way.
Yeah, after her text, telling me I 'couldn't be much of a Christian since I won't show her any mercy", I've decided the less words between us is probably better. Adulting is hard.
bonsaibaby 07:35 AM 02-06-2020
Everything and everybody!!! Seriously I want to hibernate till spring.
Josiegirl 07:49 AM 02-06-2020
Yeah, after her text, telling me I 'couldn't be much of a Christian since I won't show her any mercy", I've decided the less words between us is probably better. Adulting is hard.
Oh boy
Unregistered 08:04 AM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
Just need to vent here but feel free to chime in with any annoying things going on you'd like to share.
Father of dcg 2 drops off always. Lately he comes 10-15 minutes before scheduled drop off time and just sits with her in his car in my driveway. This grates my nerves. He only does this because god forbid he actually hang out at home and play with her for awhile before coming here. Any of you experienced this? Why is this so annoying to me?

This other family constantly brings me their sick kids 3 and 8 months old. By the time I observe they are sick they have already sneezed and coughed on everything.

Is it Friday yet?
YESS! I have this exact situation! It bugs the hell out of me. Especially since his truck is so loud. They also only live a few blocks away, sorry sitting in front of my house early won't make me open any earlier, if anything it only makes me take my sweet time getting to the door when I do open. It's just rude of them to do this. Think they need to be here the second you open.
Unregistered 08:14 AM 02-06-2020
Daycare family pulled their school ager, yet wants me hold an infant spot for free. Upset I can't apply for a variance until July, even though I told them back in October, I wouldn't be able to apply early and already said worst case scenario baby can't start until Jan instead of Sept. So now they are looking for new daycare. Hate to lose a family but should I not value myself or my program to keep them?? Because of this worried about finding 2 new preschoolers to fill the empty spots come june.
Ariana 09:42 AM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
Not daycare, but effects my daycare.

The teachers here are doing rotating strikes, so last week my kids missed 1 day, this week they have esculated strike action and are doing 2 days. Next week 2 days no school, plus a PD day, so they only have 2 days of school next week.

This is not to bad for me cause I am home and dont have to search for childcare. But it's also winter so where trapped in for longer hours, then summer when I'm use to having them home. Next week my 7 year old will probably drive me crazy and have to much extra screen time upstairs so I can get him out of my hair.
Yup, same here Luckily I can relegate then to the upstairs playroom with their toys. It is a disaster of Lego and Playmobil up there now. We are with the Catholic board and have only had one strike day this week. My teacher dcm is off though and never picks her kid up early
Ariana 09:44 AM 02-06-2020
Isn't that bizarre?

It is a narcissists favourite manipulation method when they are angry because you said “no” to them. This was my life growing up with my mom.
Cat Herder 09:51 AM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
It is a narcissists favourite manipulation method when they are angry because you said “no” to them. This was my life growing up with my mom.
Same.

And when you turn it around on them you better Katy bar the door, sleep with one eye open and have a good lawyer. DARVO ranger is coming to war.
Gemma 09:53 AM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Say what???? And that promotes quality childcare how.....??
Ridiculous. SMH I swear people sitting at those desks have too much time on their hands.
I know right!
I rarely have something to complain about but when it comes to unnecessary licensing regulations I totally lose it!I

We give 110% and still come up short, nothing we do is ever good enough, I'm so tired of feeling this way!
I'm actually starting to think of early retirement
Unregistered 10:16 AM 02-06-2020
snotty runny noses.....and the parents dont care because they dont wipe.them 9 hrs a day!!!!!!!
littlefriends 10:34 AM 02-06-2020
I thought this too-drives them bonkers if you just happily go on about your business as if you couldn't possibly care less!
Msdunny 11:56 AM 02-06-2020
Same here. I think that's why I've been so anxious the last couple of weeks. I used to feel the same way at home.
Msdunny 01:48 PM 02-06-2020
And now I'm annoyed because every other child left early due to severe weather in the area, except the two whose mom isn't speaking to me. ...longest...last....hour...ever.
Jupadia 03:54 PM 02-06-2020
Yup, same here Luckily I can relegate then to the upstairs playroom with their toys. It is a disaster of Lego and Playmobil up there now. We are with the Catholic board and have only had one strike day this week. My teacher dcm is off though and never picks her kid up early
I also hate how we're not getting reports this year. Though not the strikes fault my backup not available for the PA day on Friday, so I'll not be able to make it in for a parent / teacher interviews. My husband as much as I love him sucks at things like that, and wont go or do the daycare (wont do backup unless true emergency). So I'm stuck doing it by phone, I hate talking on the phone. If I dont do it then I learn nothing of how their doing. I want reports.

Bonus for me though on the cathlic strike days I get one of my old kids back in. His brother still comes, and I have a space. Even nap times not bad cause this kid use to come, and knows how to be quite. He will colour, read, even play with a few toys on the kids table for nap.
BumbleBee 04:30 PM 02-06-2020
Could you request a new monitor?
I asked about that. The answer was no. Called my sponsor today and quit.
Gemma 04:36 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
I asked about that. The answer was no. Called my sponsor today and quit.
Sorry!
Unregistered 05:23 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
I thought this too-drives them bonkers if you just happily go on about your business as if you couldn't possibly care less!
It sure does drive them bonkers. My Mom when not talking to me, would occasionally call only to hang up on me as soon as I answered. Just to remind me she was not talking to me.
Annalee 07:46 PM 02-06-2020

Is it Friday yet?
Everything annoys me lately!

Just too much going on and I can’t get my footing without something else happening too quickly
DaveA 03:33 AM 02-07-2020
This cough I can't shake. Been going on a week now.
Vesta 04:30 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaveA:
This cough I can't shake. Been going on a week now.

That’s what’s annoying me. Coughing cold, worn down from it and just on the edge of being “real” sick, but no where near sick enough to close down.
Sweetest happy baby in the world sneezed in my face yesterday. I even had to clean my glasses. All I can do is hope we already have the same crud.
Blackcat31 05:53 AM 02-07-2020
True.

In my DCPs case though it's more about her realizing I am not her friend. She's really insecure and spends alot of time worrying that others are judging her.
She needs constant validation for everything and I am simply not willing to spend time having to "pet her".

She's an adult.
My approval or disapproval should have no bearing on her life whatsoever.
Ariana 02:40 PM 02-07-2020
Same here. I think that's why I've been so anxious the last couple of weeks. I used to feel the same way at home.
Silence has always made me feel super uncomfortable for this reason. I immediately think the other person is mad at me!! Now that I know what it is all about I can rationalize my silly thoughts about it and enjoy the silence
flying_babyb 06:47 PM 02-07-2020
Today? Parents with NO respect and staff too. Theres a HUGE sign on our door that says shoe free classroom, please stay in the box outlined on the floor. We basically have a large box taped out on the floor, and a rocking chair pretty much in the box. two parents walk there nasty snowy selfs in and totally ignore the box, I remind them and I get told "opps! sorry!" daily. Same with one staff member who thinks she can walk halfway across my room in her outside shoes. Drives me nuts. I remind her and get eye rolls. SO glad im leaving this stupid center.
CeriBear 06:20 AM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
One kids 30 min naps, the other whos clingy and whiney since mom annoced shes preggers, the ever changing rues ( I work in a center) and my co teachers inabilty to remember the garbage.
Sounds a lot like my vent. I have a child who takes an hour fall asleep and makes a lot of noise by rolling around on his cot. One of my girls has been extra whiny and emotional because mom has started a different shift at work and can’t pick her up anymore. ( Dad picks up later than mom used to) Another child has started talking about guns all the time and how he’s going to be a cop when he “gets bigger” so he can shoot bad guys. My assistant is great with playing with the kids but when it comes to classroom maintenance she is totally clueless. And please don’t reinforce negative behaviors by cuddling a child when she is sent to play by herself for scribbling on a friends art work. My assistant is a sweet 17 year old girl who loves to color with the kids and play dolls with them but there is so much more to being a preschool teacher. She’s doing better but there is a lot to learn and working in a preschool/daycare is not the same as babysitting the kids next door. This is a small thing but it makes me gag to see kids eating ketchup with a spoon—or their fingers. Ketchup is to put on something.
Unregistered 12:03 PM 02-08-2020
The entitled mommy and daddy who probably filed my first complaint. Post interview my gut told me post interview...bad match. Lesson learned. They obviously didn't read the contract or policy book. Tried to show up an hour earlier than scheduled and couldnt understand why I wasn't ready to answer the door, got mad when I told them they cannot pick up late, and tried 2x to bring outside food in when I have kiddos with food allergies in the house.
Unregistered 12:13 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Today? Parents with NO respect and staff too. Theres a HUGE sign on our door that says shoe free classroom, please stay in the box outlined on the floor. We basically have a large box taped out on the floor, and a rocking chair pretty much in the box. two parents walk there nasty snowy selfs in and totally ignore the box, I remind them and I get told "opps! sorry!" daily. Same with one staff member who thinks she can walk halfway across my room in her outside shoes. Drives me nuts. I remind her and get eye rolls. SO glad im leaving this stupid center.
I imagine it's shoe free because the babies play on the floor.... "unless your shoes are clean enough for our babies to play with as a toy.... please take them off and don't walk on the floor with them!“
flying_babyb 03:08 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I imagine it's shoe free because the babies play on the floor.... "unless your shoes are clean enough for our babies to play with as a toy.... please take them off and don't walk on the floor with them!“
Yep and i swear people totally ignore that rule. drives me batty! We have shoe covers directly outside the door, the teachers all have house slippers on.. How hard is it to understand?
Ariana 06:34 AM 02-09-2020
When people contact me for care and do not start their message with “hello” or “hi”. Just....”do you do XYZ” like I am some sort of circus clown for hire.

People contacting me needing 11 HOURS OF CARE! 11 HOURS married, dual income family. Why have kids????
CountryRoads 06:39 AM 02-09-2020
Parents are always annoying me

But right now, it's illnesses. What is so hard about keeping your sick child home? I have to send a picture of the child's temp now to prevent the "he/she didn't have a fever at home and was acting fine."
ColorfulLearning 07:26 AM 02-10-2020
the fact that parents play on my niceness and big heart. I have been dealing with late payments for the last 2 years. Excuse after excuse because this bill is due or that bill is due blah blah as if its more important than my same bills. I think they assume because im married and have nice things, I don't need their money lol. Then the parents that think they pay for your services all dag on day and come strolling in here with no urgency after closing like its all good. Literally had one parent "Tell" me they were going to bring their kid at 3pm for a job training and should be done by 7 as if I don't close at 6pm. First I said no im busy I can't do it but then I just told them how I felt that I close at 6 and im not keeping kids past 6 and I want to always close at 6.

Im so over it all and I had to ask myself if I should just get a job. Well I answered no. I need to just enforce my rules. No exceptions, no favors, no nothing. So I redid all of my policies and sent out notices and had them sign the signature page and I put it in their files. Then immediately went over to kinderlime and attached the late fee invoice to their accounts so if they are late it will automatically bill them for it. Ive never had to apply late fees until now. So I can just show everyone better than I can tell them. Im not going to have long drawn out convos either, or remind them of their payments. Im going to do just like the big centers, leave them either their payment due notice or termination letter right in their cubby. AND im not allowing any new parents to think we are that friendly because clearly they can't keep the 2 separate. I assumed that because its a home environment and you get to know these ppl that it was friendly by default. Not anymore. Of course im going to keep the friendly tone with all parents, but no personal calling my phone, no convos about anything other than their kid or anything else that can lead them to believe that they have room to get over. I swear you give ppl a little and they just keep taking until they suck you dry and become aggravated with everything. And I feel like I fix one issue and here comes another one. Im not negotiating my prices, my hours, my policies, nothing! ok...vent over.
Sunshine69 11:19 AM 02-11-2020
I have a parent who only had their child in daycare a couple of days each month while they were going through custody proceedings. Originally, parent asked if I’d be willing to barter for yard work since they only had part-time work and high lawyer fees. Wanting to help out and since it was so infrequent the child would be in daycare, plus it would allow me to spend the time I’d spend doing yard work with my own family. Unfortunately, parent isn’t good at time management and kept asking me to provide care on the weekend so they could do the agreed upon yard work. I’m not open on weekends so that didn’t work in my favor.

All along parent has been complaining to me how other parent interferes in their parenting time. Finally, after two years equal custody was awarded to both parents, so I will provide care for child more often.

Of course I put an end to bartering arrangement that didn’t benefit me in the least.

Already this week, I’ve had said child in care 12 hours while parent has only worked two. Why fight for custody to send child to daycare when you’re not working?

I’m not looking forward to the conversation I’m expecting about how this parent can’t afford the care and wants to make more bartering arrangements. 🙄
NiNi.R. 11:56 AM 02-12-2020
DCD works M-Th. Every Friday he drops off DCG with me after taking his oldest to school. And every Friday he picks up his oldest from school at 3pm but waits until 5pm to pick up DCG. Even more irritating, she is always the last one to get picked up, but the only one with a parent not working.
Unregistered 10:52 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:
DCD works M-Th. Every Friday he drops off DCG with me after taking his oldest to school. And every Friday he picks up his oldest from school at 3pm but waits until 5pm to pick up DCG. Even more irritating, she is always the last one to get picked up, but the only one with a parent not working.

That's so sad. Why do parents not want to spend time with their children!
daycarebc 12:10 PM 02-13-2020
So SO so much right now... Literally half the kids I watch I have an issue with. One kid who keeps pooping himself and throwing endless tantrums because he doesn't want to deal with the cleanup. One kid who refuses to nap even though he clearly needs it. One kid who won't stay awake but needs to or he is up until 11pm. and one kid who keeps shoving all the babies in the group over repeatedly. Don't even get me started on the parents...
Pepperth 02:03 PM 02-13-2020
Winter. I'm tired of being cold and tired.
flying_babyb 04:01 PM 02-13-2020
My job! the whole thing. So we have to get our own day off coverage, I didnt find it in time cause there too short staffed. I said ok, ill take the punishment. They call at 6am to help me find coverage after I asked for two weeks. Im leaving this job next Friday and am seriously thinking I may just leave sooner cause im guessing it will be the same coverage issue when I need Tuesday off (to get the papers to sell my home)
Valerie928 05:21 AM 02-14-2020
😡 I caught "teething" from dcg 8 months who had a runny nose and cough....you know, from teething.
Cat Herder 05:39 AM 02-14-2020
�� I caught "teething" from dcg 8 months who had a runny nose and cough....you know, from teething.

I am on day 13 of "allergies".

So frustrating.
Blackcat31 06:48 AM 02-14-2020
😡 I caught "teething" from dcg 8 months who had a runny nose and cough....you know, from teething.
I have one that is teething but he's also not feeling very well. Not napping, very cranky and wants to be held all day.

Hasn't met the exclusionary rules so we've just had a cranky babe most the week. Every night at pick up, I relay the "tough" day he had to mom. Every time she says he's just teething.

She texted me this morning saying she was staying home today. Felt miserable. Just achy and not right.

I texted back that I hope she felt better soon but that she's probably just teething.

NO idea if she took it in stride or if she thought I was being snarky. But atleast she keeps her child home when she is home so that's good.
Cat Herder 07:26 AM 02-14-2020
I have one that is teething but he's also not feeling very well. Not napping, very cranky and wants to be held all day.

Hasn't met the exclusionary rules so we've just had a cranky babe most the week. Every night at pick up, I relay the "tough" day he had to mom. Every time she says he's just teething.

She texted me this morning saying she was staying home today. Felt miserable. Just achy and not right.

I texted back that I hope she felt better soon but that she's probably just teething.

NO idea if she took it in stride or if she thought I was being snarky. But atleast she keeps her child home when she is home so that's good.
I love it.

Feels good when you can finally drive home a point in a manner they can completely understand.

So many believe it does not matter to the kid because "they won't remember it anyway". grrr
Valerie928 09:05 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by blackcat31:
i have one that is teething but he's also not feeling very well. Not napping, very cranky and wants to be held all day.

Hasn't met the exclusionary rules so we've just had a cranky babe most the week. Every night at pick up, i relay the "tough" day he had to mom. Every time she says he's just teething.

I texted back that i hope she felt better soon but that she's probably just teething.

No idea if she took it in stride or if she thought i was being snarky. But atleast she keeps her child home when she is home so that's good.
love it bc👍❤😊❤
CeriBear 05:53 AM 02-19-2020
What’s annoying me now? A really bad sinus infection and allergies too. Sinus headache, runny nose, cough, itchy eyes—ugh.
Unregistered 06:52 AM 02-19-2020
I am annoyed because I feel like I am trapped in my living room! I have a daycare kid that is just boring. He doesn't play, doesn't have much personality at all, isn't interested in learning or doing crafts or anything! I am used to kids with super outgoing personalities who are constantly singing, dancing, having fun, etc. And kids that were super well behaved and would entertain themselves while I worked on my own crafts, etc. I interact with the kids ALL day. We are in a big open room so no matter where we are or what I am doing I am talking to them, singing with them, etc. But this little guy?? NOPE! He wants no part of any of it. He's my only older kid and there is a three month old baby too. If I so much as move in my chair he is up my butt. Where are you going? Why are you standing up? Why are you moving your leg? Why are you going over there? He won't cooperate with any play or crafts or anything but doesn't allow me to do anything either. He mostly sits and stares or gets into trouble all day. I am so tired of just being here! We can't go for a walk because he will go so far and then just stop and stand there and he complains the whole time. We go out to play and he just sits and complains. I am BORED out of my mind! I miss my old family and their kids! We had so much fun every day!
CeriBear 07:10 AM 06-07-2020
Whining and tattling. I don’t want to get to upset when they tattle because I’m afraid they won’t tell me when I really need to know about something. I encourage them to work things out with each other and I’ve about cured them of telling me each time someone picks their nose but a couple of the girls just keep on and on.
And one little girl whines all the time to my assistant. She knows that whining won’t get her anywhere with me but sometimes it’s hard to resist when she makes her puppy dog face at me.
AmyKidsCo 01:12 PM 06-10-2020
Same here. And we need to have our facility name and license number on each sheet. I filled that area plus my sign in/out as 6:00am-6:00pm (licensed hours) and just photocopy that page every week.
flying_babyb 05:33 PM 06-10-2020
the twins! I swear these two must be raised by animals. We see mom and one of 6 others with her every day! Twin one screams randomly, eats out of the garbage, and cant sit. Twin two runs, all the time. Of course, I work at a center, so im stuck with them.
DaveA 03:55 AM 06-11-2020
Not daycare related, but last night in my shop. I cut out and fit up handles for 2 for clients' knives. Got them all fit and ready to shape and realized I had switched them and had the wrong handles on each knife. $100 down the drain due to stupidity.
CountryRoads 07:08 AM 06-11-2020
I've got this dcm and every day at drop-off at pick-up (thankfully it's only a couple days a week), all she does is complain about how difficult her child is and how hard her life is. It's non-stop, as if she has it worse than everybody else.

She had a baby a few month ago, and hired someone to come help on the days that older dck isn't at daycare. She tells me that she needs the help because she can't handle it by herself. Someone needs to keep her older child busy.

Hmmm, how do I manage to care for 7+ kids (including her "difficult" child), and she struggles with 2?

I understand some people can't handle their children, but I'm the wrong person to be talking about it with. I don't get why she complains to me about her 2 kids, knowing I have several here everyday. I wish I could come up with a smart remark
Blackcat31 07:57 AM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I've got this dcm and every day at drop-off at pick-up (thankfully it's only a couple days a week), all she does is complain about how difficult her child is and how hard her life is. It's non-stop, as if she has it worse than everybody else.

She had a baby a few month ago, and hired someone to come help on the days that older dck isn't at daycare. She tells me that she needs the help because she can't handle it by herself. Someone needs to keep her older child busy.

Hmmm, how do I manage to care for 7+ kids (including her "difficult" child), and she struggles with 2?

I understand some people can't handle their children, but I'm the wrong person to be talking about it with. I don't get why she complains to me about her 2 kids, knowing I have several here everyday. I wish I could come up with a smart remark
I used to have a snarky reply for this type of parent, but now I just say something like "Oh well good for me then because I just love spending time with Miss Janie."

When I was feeling snarky I would add something like: "We're making all kinds of memories that I hope will last her a lifetime!" Smile and welcome Janie in or wave goodbye if it's pick up time...

Most times when parents are venting to you about it, they don't even realize the irony of WHO they are complaining to. lol! I think most of these parents simply like the attention and the easiest way to get it is to vent.

Also I think a majority of them really can't handle their kids. They are too concerned with being their friend.

Kids are easy for us, because we actually set boundaries and use the word no frequently.
Valerie928 09:29 AM 06-11-2020
I used to have a snarky reply for this type of parent, but now I just say something like "Oh well good for me then because I just love spending time with Miss Janie."

When I was feeling snarky I would add something like: "We're making all kinds of memories that I hope will last her a lifetime!" Smile and welcome Janie in or wave goodbye if it's pick up time...

Most times when parents are venting to you about it, they don't even realize the irony of WHO they are complaining to. lol! I think most of these parents simply like the attention and the easiest way to get it is to vent.

Also I think a majority of them really can't handle their kids. They are too concerned with being their friend.

Kids are easy for us, because we actually set boundaries and use the word no frequently.
I could not agree more BC. All my parents want to be their kids friends. What happened to being a parent?
Tags:annoying, enforcing policies, enforcing policies - consistency
Reply Up