Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Departing Gift
dolores 07:42 AM 02-23-2021
What do you give to a child/family when they leave your program?
Jo123ABC 08:08 AM 02-23-2021
I haven't been giving gifts when people leave. I have families who don't appreciate anything I or their own kids do for them so I don't feel like it would be worth the expense or effort. I made each of my kids a minky scarf for Valentine's Day. Most of the kids and parents were very kind and appreciative but on wasn't. They haven't even acknowledged the gift and it was super cute! There's always that one family I have thought about making each of my kids pillowcases to use here since I like to sew! If I decide to do that, I would send those home with them when they leave.
284878 08:47 AM 02-23-2021
Depends on how much I like the child or parents.
Cat Herder 09:04 AM 02-23-2021
I give the standard preschool graduation for everyone who leaves here after age 3. Cap, gown, certificate, party, class photo and back pack filled with Kindergarten or Pre-K supplies from the public school "required" list.
Jodik 10:02 AM 02-23-2021
I tend to focus a lot on book giving for gifts - holidays, birthdays etc. I found a nice book called "Be You" by Peter H. Reynolds that I found was really nice to give. Another one was "See You Later Alligator" by Sally Hopgood which was a cute story about a turtle that says goodbye to his friends at the zoo. I write a personalized note in cover and give it on way out the door.
Gemma 06:43 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
Depends on how much I like the child or parents.
This is me
e.j. 11:05 AM 02-24-2021
I give each kid a photobook with pictures I've taken from their first day at day care on. Usually, I'll also give them a book, pad of drawing paper and markers or crayons that I put in a tote bag that I've decorated with their handprints. (I save any handprint templates we've made when making crafts during their time with me and use the templates to trace the handprints onto the bag.)
girlmomma 11:28 AM 02-26-2021
Oh, The Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss
Tags:goodbye, goodbye - gift ideas, goodbye party
Reply Up