Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Want to Share Easy Craft Ideas???
momma2girls 06:18 PM 01-15-2010
Hi! Would anyone like to share simple, fun craft ideas??? I thought it would be neat to get different ideas- I am always looking for different ideas to do!!
Thanks for participating!!!!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 06:53 PM 01-15-2010
This is a great idea..I'm always trying to think of new things to do.

You could print stencils, such as a duck or bear or whatever animal...have the kids put googly eyes on and color/decorate it and use a craft stick to make a puppet.

Sewing mittens...cut out 2 shapes of mittens, punch holes around the outside and use yarn for the kids to "sew" with.

Looking for sunshine on a cloudy day? Use a paper plate, color it yellow and make sun rays from construction paper and glue or staple on...maybe make a face on it.

For preschoolers, print off some cutting practice sheets by googling "cutting practice"

I'm sure I'll have more ideas pop in my head later.
momma2girls 07:13 PM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY:
This is a great idea..I'm always trying to think of new things to do.

You could print stencils, such as a duck or bear or whatever animal...have the kids put googly eyes on and color/decorate it and use a craft stick to make a puppet.

Sewing mittens...cut out 2 shapes of mittens, punch holes around the outside and use yarn for the kids to "sew" with.

Looking for sunshine on a cloudy day? Use a paper plate, color it yellow and make sun rays from construction paper and glue or staple on...maybe make a face on it.

For preschoolers, print off some cutting practice sheets by googling "cutting practice"

I'm sure I'll have more ideas pop in my head later.
These are awesome ideas. I placed a couple on an earlier thread that I did, but hardly anyone responded, so I thought I would try it again!!
Thanks again!!
kitkat 08:32 PM 01-18-2010
I really like the coffee filter with markers craft. You draw or scribble on a coffee filter with marker. Then "paint" it with water. I have cone shaped filters and you can easily make them into a flower or a butterfly. A friend of mine made snowflakes with her 4k class and hung them from the ceiling.
momma2girls 07:49 AM 01-19-2010
I also do a butterfly folded in half(I just use cardstock paper) then place drops of different colored paint on the one side, then you fold it together and you have the same paint on both sides. We always do that one for Spring. SOmething simple, fun, and cute!
gbcc 08:33 AM 01-19-2010
My children are very young yet to get concepts so right now their favorite crafts are very simple and cheap! I make a cut out with contruction paper and I buy lots of sticky's or things to clue at the dollar store. They then stick or glue the objects to the paper. They all love this and will spend at least 40 minutes just sticking and glueing!
kitkat 10:35 AM 01-19-2010
I don't know why I didn't think of this one before (it's on my frig in plain sight from the computer!).

I had the older kids cut out a circle for a tree top and rectangle for the trunk and then glue it on another sheet of paper. Then I blind folded them, gave them a few spins, and they had to put the apples (red, green, and yellow circle stickers) on the apple tree. The kids loved it, including the 18 month old! I did it for another theme, but I can't remember what it was.
GretasLittleFriends 11:09 AM 01-19-2010
I take my son to an ECFE class twice a week, as I usually don't have a high number of children in the mornings. Today was all about art. They have different stations set up for semi-structured projects, then of course free play when every as you finish a station and/or are done with the stations. Two different paint stations today were rather neat.

#1 - Paint a piece of paper (they used white construction paper) with a glue/water mixture. It was kind of thick, but not as thick as regular glue, maybe a 1:1 mix. Then sprinkle sugar over the glue mix (gives it a neat texture). Last, take drops of water color paint and drop it on the paper. The paint spreads out over the paper and kind of looks like fireworks.

#2 - They mixed glue with water color paint and used squeezy bottles to apply the paint to the paper. The children then used the back of a plastic spoon to spread the paint around. The colors mixed slightly and it was something different from a brush for the kids to use. This, when dries, is very shiny and also has a little texture to it. I'm not sure what the ration of paint to glue mix was here though. It did seem more glue than paint as the colors were more pastel-ish.
Tags:crafts, paint, stencils
Reply Up