Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frustrating Morning!
bunnyslippers 06:12 AM 10-26-2012
My families are all usually great. But wow...this week has been a bugger.

One mom is a single parent this week - her husband is away on a trip. She has been late 3 times. This morning, my phone rang at 7:00. I open at 7:30. It was this mom, telling me that she is coming early. I said, "how early?" She responded, "I am leaving right now, so put your underpants on and get ready."

First of all, I do a whole lot more than put my underpants on before my day starts. Second of all, those extra 15 minutes are huge in the morning, as I have my own kids to get ready. And really?!??! When she got here, I let her know that I need to be told a bit sooner than that if she needs to be early. She is a friend - all of my families are at this point - and I know she felt bad. But it really messed up my morning.

I am SOOOOOO ready for 4:00. Happy Hour will be starting early here this weekend!
SunshineMama 06:18 AM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
My families are all usually great. But wow...this week has been a bugger.

One mom is a single parent this week - her husband is away on a trip. She has been late 3 times. This morning, my phone rang at 7:00. I open at 7:30. It was this mom, telling me that she is coming early. I said, "how early?" She responded, "I am leaving right now, so put your underpants on and get ready."

First of all, I do a whole lot more than put my underpants on before my day starts. Second of all, those extra 15 minutes are huge in the morning, as I have my own kids to get ready. And really?!??! When she got here, I let her know that I need to be told a bit sooner than that if she needs to be early. She is a friend - all of my families are at this point - and I know she felt bad. But it really messed up my morning.

I am SOOOOOO ready for 4:00. Happy Hour will be starting early here this weekend!
WHOA! That's why I don't answer my phone before daycare hours!

I would have been really offended if someone called me like that- it shows they have no respect at all for you, your time, or your family.

Incidentally, how have the kids been behaving with one parent? I have a dcm out of town all week and her kids have been behaving terribly. I am sure they are acting out bc they miss mom- just wondering if this is your experience too.
bunnyslippers 06:23 AM 10-26-2012
Her kids are great, and always are. Her baby is a little high maintenance, but that is the same every week. I have had her kids in some capacity since I opened five years ago, so they feel pretty comfortable here.

I know she was trying to be funny and keep it low key, which is how our relationship has always been. It has just been a long week of doing extra work on my end b/c her husband is out of town.
countrymom 06:55 AM 10-26-2012
thats so funny, I like when parents have a great sense of humor.
E Daycare 07:12 AM 10-26-2012
I've been doing the single mom route this week too as my dh is out of town for business and goes once a month for a week. Man my kid has been a real stinker and I'm THISCLOSE to tossing him in daycare and taking on another kid to fill his spot here at home lol.

I wish I could call up a daycare provider and tell her to get her panties on too because I'm dropping my little bugger off but I can't because IM the provider lol.

I just checked, I did put underpants on. Phew!

Good luck and I'LL BE OVER WITH WINE AT 4!!!!!!!
Blackcat31 08:16 AM 10-26-2012

Hope your day gets better! If not, I hope closing time comes quickly!!!
lil angels 11:52 AM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Hope your day gets better! If not, I hope closing time comes quickly!!!
Where did you get that lots of us could use that little icon
Blackcat31 12:34 PM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by lil angels:
Where did you get that lots of us could use that little icon
It's cute huh? I love this one

You can find them all here:http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php

Just copy and paste the forum code and the little guys will be in your post.
Happy Hearts 01:35 PM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
It's cute huh? I love this one

You can find them all here:http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php

Just copy and paste the forum code and the little guys will be in your post.
Can you get them to work on Facebook? I haven't any luck with that!
Blackcat31 01:56 PM 10-26-2012
I have never tried. So I have no idea.... Maybe someone else can try or knows the trick.
Reply Up