Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OT=We Wonder What Wrong With The World?
Country Kids 02:27 PM 12-18-2012
This makes me so so so angry!!!!!!!!!!

1. A town north of us had two boys say they were going to bring a gun this week to school. Both boys were found at home with parents and were released back into parents custody for no evidence or something.

2. Same town-boy openly threatens teacher and class on facebook. Police investigate and gave a disordely conduct and release back to parents.

3. Another highschool-a threat of a shooting on a certain day. School officials believe its a rumor that was overheard wrongly and are not to concerned on it! Will have extra security though but not worried.

Believe you me-I am not a happy person. These kids are making threats and I don't care if they aren't really serious about it-scare the living tar out of them. These are very, very serious things and they are just being released back to the parents. I take this very seriously because I had a child of mine own that was threatened to be shot on a certain day at school. The school did a huge investigation (supposebly) and never found the person who threatened my child. The whole investigation I was not happy with and still not but we have to have to crack down when this happens.
daycare 02:36 PM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
This makes me so so so angry!!!!!!!!!!

1. A town north of us had two boys say they were going to bring a gun this week to school. Both boys were found at home with parents and were released back into parents custody for no evidence or something.

2. Same town-boy openly threatens teacher and class on facebook. Police investigate and gave a disordely conduct and release back to parents.

3. Another highschool-a threat of a shooting on a certain day. School officials believe its a rumor that was overheard wrongly and are not to concerned on it! Will have extra security though but not worried.

Believe you me-I am not a happy person. These kids are making threats and I don't care if they aren't really serious about it-scare the living tar out of them. These are very, very serious things and they are just being released back to the parents. I take this very seriously because I had a child of mine own that was threatened to be shot on a certain day at school. The school did a huge investigation (supposebly) and never found the person who threatened my child. The whole investigation I was not happy with and still not but we have to have to crack down when this happens.
OMG I would also be so furious...

how about making these children attend counseling, get tested to make sure that they are mentally stable??? No one in my right mind that could ever threaten this is mentally or emotionally stable....

thats what wrong with this dang place.......they don't really question a persons mental health...................................
Blackcat31 02:41 PM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
OMG I would also be so furious...

how about making these children attend counseling, get tested to make sure that they are mentally stable??? No one in my right mind that could ever threaten this is mentally or emotionally stable....

thats what wrong with this dang place.......they don't really question a persons mental health...................................
These kinds of things happen all the time. They have happened here in my school district and none of them had anything to do with mental illness or mental instability.

It was more to do with seeking their 5 minutes of fame or as a way to kids to be "thrill seekers".

Not everyone who threatens to shoot up a place or kill someone has a mental illness.

I doubt counseling can help when the world sensationalizes school shootings and violence in video games, movies, TV etc.

Get tested? tested for what? Immaturity? Stupidity? Irrational thinking? bad home lives?

I completely understand what you meant but thereis no test that can tell us who is capable and not capable of doing something so horrendous....kwim?
daycare 02:51 PM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
These kinds of things happen all the time. They have happened here in my school district and none of them had anything to do with mental illness or mental instability.

It was more to do with seeking their 5 minutes of fame or as a way to kids to be "thrill seekers".

Not everyone who threatens to shoot up a place or kill someone has a mental illness.

I doubt counseling can help when the world sensationalizes school shootings and violence in video games, movies, TV etc.

Get tested? tested for what? Immaturity? Stupidity? Irrational thinking? bad home lives?

I completely understand what you meant but thereis no test that can tell us who is capable and not capable of doing something so horrendous....kwim?
you make some very valid points, but at the same time why are these kids not being punished in some way for making a BEYOND serious threat.

I do agree that the video games are a huge contributor, kids seem to be desensitized from violence these days.

I saw a showing of dateline some time ago about a kid, age 18, also had autism. He was currently serving 15 years in prison for threatening to act out a mission to kill people in his community college. Some how someone found out about it and reported it to the police before it ever happened. (thank goodness) They found several weapons in his vehicle, including grenades and military fatigues.

The boy had been in counselling because of video game addiction in the past. He actually believed that he was a commander of a military and his mission was to kill the enemies outside his platoon. He really thought that he was a character from this video game in real life and was not able to separate video game life and real life.

During the interview, they asked him what he plans to do once released from prison and he said he still planed to carry out his mission. The state was trying to charge him again with the threats he was still making, but could not as there was not evidence that he was going to. In the end he was moved to a mental facility, but still had the possibility of being released back into the community.....

Stuff like this scares me...

I think that there needs to be a law that it is a felony to even threaten to suggest you are going to do something of this nature. After all, you can't say the word bomb in an aport. The TSA will come and arrest you, so why can't we implement something like this in regards to these crazy threats to kill or shoot ??
dave4him 03:06 PM 12-18-2012
Its horrible, this whole mess has been. I am worried about my own kid at school every day for that matter. Sadly the authorities dont do enough
melskids 04:15 AM 12-19-2012
the school one district over has so many bomb threats, they don't even do anything about them anymore. They just carry on about their day. One day, it's going to be real, and something bad is gonna happen.
Thetotspot 05:54 AM 12-19-2012
I have a playground separate from our building. Its private but about 3 doors down from our daycare. 2 weeks ago i found a knife open under our swing set and i got to it literally feet before an 18 month old did. I was furious. The police advised they logged the call and to throw the knife away. No trespassing signs were put up on all playground gates. Yesterday a gate was cracked but we saw nothing amiss so we scattered to play. My son started yelling there was a man in our playhouse. I approach and see nothing at first...and then i see it...a twenty yr old man curled up in a sitting knee tucked position...hiding in our play house. He starts mumbling he doesnt want to be in trouble. I figured he was referring to the no trespassing signs...and as long as he left nothing would have come of it. He wanders out as i try and plan our escape without alarming this man. He gets between me and the gate and continues rambling about men chasing him with guns and he is running and he looked scared. We are in a tiny town. Nobody was chasing him but he believed it to be true. One wrong move and he could have decided i must have been a person chasing him with guns and hurt us all. I called the police as the man was obviously in emotional distress and possibly either under the influence of drugs or experiencing a mental break. They adv me that since he had left they could do nothing. Excuse me...go provide a welfare check and make sure he is ok before he does something about these men with guns that he is seeing. Then they laughed at me because i provided a description and evidently "poofy coat" was hilarious to them. Well...thats what they are called (or marshmallow coat). Im scared to take the kids out now. And they did nothing. What if he hurts somebody now and they did nothing. Im disgusted with this. Especially considering recent events around he country. Grrr
Tags:bad behavior
Reply Up