Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Hate Snot!!!!!!!!
lilcupcakes09 06:40 AM 03-19-2013
I am so done with snotty noses! At my wits end!! I have one kid who has seriously had a runny nose every day since Thanksgiving! Clear so I can't do much about it, parents have said they tried allergy meds but nothing. He is only 1 1/2 so he just rubs it on everything and everywhere. Another one of my 4 year old has had a snotty nose for weeks, he just loves to let it run down like nothing is there, in a days time I must say "wipe your nose" 100 times! I'm so frustrated, I'm ready to call the parents and tell them to pick up and not come back until the snot is gone!!!!
Blackcat31 06:43 AM 03-19-2013
For every 5 days of a runny nose (no matter what color) I require a doctor's note so I KNOW there is nothing going on.

I also will send kids home if the care they requires is more than I can manage. It is simply too gross to deal with on a repeated daily basis sometimes.

I grit my teeth when I wipe noses so during the cold season, I find myself having major tension headaches and a stiff neck and jaw at the end of the day.
Sprouts 07:07 AM 03-19-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
For every 5 days of a runny nose (no matter what color) I require a doctor's note so I KNOW there is nothing going on.

I also will send kids home if the care they requires is more than I can manage. It is simply too gross to deal with on a repeated daily basis sometimes.

I grit my teeth when I wipe noses so during the cold season, I find myself having major tension headaches and a stiff neck and jaw at the end of the day.
I think i may add that to my sick policy.....
clep 07:14 AM 03-19-2013
In my sick policy it states that if a child's nose has to be wiped more than once every five minutes, they must go home. If a child is sent home from care they cannot return for 48 hours.

I would not care for a child with a nose that runs like a faucet.
lilcupcakes09 07:22 AM 03-19-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I also grit my teeth! Funny that you mention that! I don't get the headaches but have all the other symptoms, its only Tuesday and I'm ready for a really stiff drink....and I hardly ever drink!
williams2008 07:34 AM 03-19-2013
Me too....sheesh!! I have the same problem with a dcb around the same age, and he drools non stop His nose has LITERALLY been running like that since he started here last January along with the drooling.
kathiemarie 08:04 AM 03-19-2013
Me too. I am so sick of it. My husband tells me to send the all of the kids home. I think he is over daycare (12+ years) but that is a different thread.
weebles5 08:09 AM 03-19-2013
Awesome idea! I am in the process of a new policy and am definately going to update my illness policy!
nanglgrl 08:15 AM 03-19-2013
I just recycle snot and use it in the sensory center.
Luna 11:00 AM 03-19-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I really did just lol!
Wouldn't you just like to put a bucket under their nostrils?
butterfly 11:00 AM 03-19-2013
eeewww!!!
MNMum 11:33 AM 03-19-2013
Yuck!
MNMum 11:34 AM 03-19-2013
I realize I need to tighten my policies on snot. Would it be unreasonable if I said no more than needing to be wiped every 15 minutes?
Reply Up