Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Craft Supplies.....
MissAnn 09:34 AM 06-26-2013
What do you have? I feel the need to purchase more. I am into child directed....
MsLaura529 09:36 AM 06-26-2013
I have a lot of construction paper, pipe cleaners, paint, glue, tissue paper, Bingo dot markers, crayons, and a bunch of different materials for painting (cotton balls, sponges, brushes, feathers, the styrofoam pieces you use for shipping items, and different shaped items for paint stamping).
butterfly 09:47 AM 06-26-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
I have a lot of construction paper, pipe cleaners, paint, glue, tissue paper, Bingo dot markers, crayons, and a bunch of different materials for painting (cotton balls, sponges, brushes, feathers, the styrofoam pieces you use for shipping items, and different shaped items for paint stamping).
All these! - And googly eyes. We've started using recycled things more too. Paper towel rolls, tin cans, plastic bottles, lids of milk jugs, bubble wrap - kids love stamping with it to create texture on items.

I really like the foam stickers that have the peel off back. They come in all sorts of shapes.
Leanna 09:49 AM 06-26-2013
We only do process-orientated art here so we have a lot. Here is a partial list:
construction paper in many colors
white drawing paper
markers
scented markers
colored pencils
crayons (crayola, homemade, Melissa and Doug, multicolored, crayon rings)
pompoms
cotton balls
tissue paper
craft sticks
buttons
feathers
mosaic pieces
fingerpaint
tempera paint
water colors (liquid and cake)
play dough
clay
glitter
scissors
scraps of different types of paper
colored sand
regular paintbrushes
wacky paintbrushes (rubber band, etc.)
sponges
glue (both liquid and glue sticks)
pipe cleaners
beads
yarn
colored cellophane
Bingo markers
brayers
roller paints
chalk
Plus the easel is open everyday.
MarinaVanessa 10:02 AM 06-26-2013
Originally Posted by Leanna:
We only do process-orientated art here so we have a lot. Here is a partial list:
construction paper in many colors
white drawing paper
markers
scented markers
colored pencils
crayons (crayola, homemade, Melissa and Doug, multicolored, crayon rings)
pompoms
cotton balls
tissue paper
craft sticks
buttons
feathers
mosaic pieces
fingerpaint
tempera paint
water colors (liquid and cake)
play dough
clay
glitter
scissors
scraps of different types of paper
colored sand
regular paintbrushes
wacky paintbrushes (rubber band, etc.)
sponges
glue (both liquid and glue sticks)
pipe cleaners
beads
yarn
colored cellophane
Bingo markers
brayers
roller paints
chalk
Plus the easel is open everyday.
Yep, this is what I have too plus foam sticker shapes, letter and numbers and ink pads and ink stamps.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:28 AM 06-26-2013
all of the above. Plus I love bleeding tissue paper, clear contact paper, and various craft papers.
I also keep an ongoing collage bin. I toss in there left overs. I cut up gift wrap and anything else I see with potential. I keep a separate Christmas themed one. I also have started a fall one.
One other thing I did years back was I started collage bags for each color. They are great because they are an instant something.
So, when my dd is home on breaks from college and I need stuff done I have her work on collage stuff for me. Last winter I ended up with a big bag of punched stars Various scraps of construction paper she went through with a star punch.
MissAnn 10:29 AM 06-26-2013
Thanks all.....but one more question.....where do you buy them? I'd love to buy online because I am lazy! Did I say that out loud?
GoodKarma 10:44 AM 06-26-2013
http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/

Discount School Supply has good prices and a good selection!
jenn 11:17 AM 06-26-2013
All of the above

I buy from discount school supply and oriental trading. Take advantage of the upcoming back to school sales and then the back to school clearances.
MarinaVanessa 11:30 AM 06-26-2013
Discount School Supply mostly.
Blackcat31 12:25 PM 06-26-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Thanks all.....but one more question.....where do you buy them? I'd love to buy online because I am lazy! Did I say that out loud?
I send out a list like the one Leanna posted asking parents for donations if they want to.

I buy a lot of it myself but I have a lot of parents who bring in tons of stuff listed.
Starburst 05:32 PM 06-26-2013
well these aren't so much art supplies (maybe art adjacent) but some things for organizing or other helpful things for when kids do art (mostly things you can get at the $1 store):

1. Plastic rain poncho (for smocks; I think they have a pack of 2)
2. Shower curtains (to cover floors or furniture; like tarps but cheaper)
3. Over the door shoe rack (to organize supplies so its visible to the children; saw it in a video about a Reggio Emilia classroom)
4. Shower caps (if they are very messy or have long hair)

the only art supplies I can think of that weren't mentioned:
1. Ribbons
2. Coffee filters
3. Q tips
4. pieces of scrap fabric
5. Felt (really cheap fabric-ish squares)
6. Cardboard
7. Food coloring (some people like it better than paint)
8. Milk cartons/jugs
9. Rocks/pebbles
10. Seashells/starfish
11. toothpicks (supervised, of course)

I would have mentioned dried pastas or cereals but I try to stay away from the "macaroni art" because I think it kinda is a waste of food.

Plus lets be honest, I am sure most parents don't have any outfits that go good with a macaroni jewelry.
Jewels 06:44 AM 06-27-2013
Originally Posted by jenn:
All of the above

I buy from discount school supply and oriental trading. Take advantage of the upcoming back to school sales and then the back to school clearances.
I buy all my stuff from here, spent waaaay to much money at those places!!
countrymom 07:43 AM 06-27-2013
dollar store, but I have so much stuff I need another unit to house it all.
Tags:art supplies, crafts
Reply Up