Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Isn't it funny
Turquoise14 08:14 AM 04-15-2015
Isn't it funny how that pacifier/toy/blanket etc. that the little guy just had to have this morning is taken away and put up with zero fuss once the parent leaves?
LindseyA 08:24 AM 04-15-2015
So true! I don't allow pacifiers unless it's for a baby under one. One year is my cut off age. And even then, it is strictly to sooth. If they are fine all day, they go all day without it. I still have a 2 yo and an 18mo who "HAVE" to have one at home. But as soon as they step foot into my house they get put up (without a fuss).
Thriftylady 08:41 AM 04-15-2015
Yes, it seems the parents need their child to have these things far more often then the child needs them lol.
KSDC 10:13 AM 04-15-2015
I avoid pacifiers. For a tough infant, I will use them when they are tiny. But, they are gone here before 8 months.
Can't count the number of parents over the years where the child has never had a pacifier in my DC, but they still have one at home at age 2!
Meeko 11:12 AM 04-15-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Yes, it seems the parents need their child to have these things far more often then the child needs them lol.
It's actually that way from birth
Kabob 11:19 AM 04-15-2015
Eh. I now have the parents take it away. Not my battle. I tell them their child needs to come ready for daycare...I got tired of one parent in particular insisting that her child needed her blanket all day long.
finsup 12:38 PM 04-15-2015
Originally Posted by LindseyA:
So true! I don't allow pacifiers unless it's for a baby under one. One year is my cut off age. And even then, it is strictly to sooth. If they are fine all day, they go all day without it. I still have a 2 yo and an 18mo who "HAVE" to have one at home. But as soon as they step foot into my house they get put up (without a fuss).
Lol yup, 2yr old DCB comes in, happily hands me his pacifier and it gets put in his bag. Doesn't come out of the bag until DCD gets it out at the end of the day. Then DCD is amazed he doesn't need it all day here lol.
Reply Up