Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Guess Who Has An Interview!!!
Thriftylady 12:27 PM 04-17-2015
At 5 PM!!! I need another kiddo, as I had to call and ask the church to help with our rent for this month after hubby being of work sick over a week. Please keep me in your prayers, as I need to get some more income coming in.
Kabob 12:42 PM 04-17-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
At 5 PM!!! I need another kiddo, as I had to call and ask the church to help with our rent for this month after hubby being of work sick over a week. Please keep me in your prayers, as I need to get some more income coming in.
Keep us posted!
AmyKidsCo 12:48 PM 04-17-2015
Good luck!!
Wednesday 12:57 PM 04-17-2015
Crossing my fingers!
Thriftylady 03:10 PM 04-17-2015
And I have an enrollment fee. The hours are not prime, 1:30 PM till possibly 7:00 PM. The contract is for 7 because dad works nights and her schedule will vary. She loved my rates, paid my enrollment fee, and I am going to work with her on payments for her deposit.
Baby Beluga 03:11 PM 04-17-2015
And I have an enrollment fee. The hours are not prime, 1:30 PM till possibly 7:00 PM. The contract is for 7 because dad works nights and her schedule will vary. She loved my rates, paid my enrollment fee, and I am going to work with her on payments for her deposit.
Congrats!
KiddieCahoots 03:27 PM 04-17-2015
Very good news! Congratulations!
spud912 03:33 PM 04-17-2015
I wish you the best!
Thriftylady 03:36 PM 04-17-2015
I just hope it works out long haul, I don't tend to like spur of the moment daycare decisions. She starts a new job Monday, she graduated HS last June and her grandmother is helping her cover the first few weeks of care. I don't feel as good about it as I would like for some reason. Hopefully it will work out fine.
Kabob 04:42 PM 04-17-2015
I just hope it works out long haul, I don't tend to like spur of the moment daycare decisions. She starts a new job Monday, she graduated HS last June and her grandmother is helping her cover the first few weeks of care. I don't feel as good about it as I would like for some reason. Hopefully it will work out fine.
Fingers crossed! At least it is something to try out!
Thriftylady 04:44 PM 04-17-2015
Originally Posted by Kabob:
Fingers crossed! At least it is something to try out!
Yes and that is why I am doing it. But I think that I started feeling uneasy when I was relaying the interview to DH and the part where I said don't pay any fees until you know for sure and she said "I don't have a choice". I told her then that is not how I like to get new clients. Hopefully I am just being jumpy about it I guess I have nothing to loose.
sahm1225 04:35 PM 04-18-2015
who watches the child now? I would think the 'I don't have a choice' was not towards you directly, but more like 'I have to work so I have to put my child in daycare'.
Wednesday 04:40 PM 04-18-2015
I see where you're coming from tho. I'd be a little put off too. But I think she meant she didn't have a choice because she had to go to work, not that she didn't have a choice of other providers.
Thriftylady 12:07 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
who watches the child now? I would think the 'I don't have a choice' was not towards you directly, but more like 'I have to work so I have to put my child in daycare'.
She is starting a new job. But I guess part of the issue was her talking about she couldn't afford anywhere else. My rates are pretty low for the area, but I do that by my choice. Part of it is I am legally unlicensed, so I don't have licensing expenses. And I am super frugal hubby says I pinch pennies into eights.

They came by a bit ago and dropped off paperwork. She has so many wants and such, she is for sure a young first time mother, hoping mom outgrows part of that!!!! She is either going to be a bear to work with, or it will turn out great. She did tell me that DCG needs to be held and rocked to sleep. I told her I can't provide that service in group care, and if that was a deal breaker, she needed a nanny. She caved in a heartbeat lol.
midaycare 10:30 AM 04-20-2015
She is starting a new job. But I guess part of the issue was her talking about she couldn't afford anywhere else. My rates are pretty low for the area, but I do that by my choice. Part of it is I am legally unlicensed, so I don't have licensing expenses. And I am super frugal hubby says I pinch pennies into eights.

They came by a bit ago and dropped off paperwork. She has so many wants and such, she is for sure a young first time mother, hoping mom outgrows part of that!!!! She is either going to be a bear to work with, or it will turn out great. She did tell me that DCG needs to be held and rocked to sleep. I told her I can't provide that service in group care, and if that was a deal breaker, she needed a nanny. She caved in a heartbeat lol.
I think it will be fine! And way to stick to your guns!
Thriftylady 10:39 AM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I think it will be fine! And way to stick to your guns!
This forum has helped so much with my growing backbone. I still have a very long way to go before it is strong, but I am building it up with help from here. Right now my new little one is screaming in her PNP fighting a nap. But from what mom says she has no sleep schedule at all so I knew going in this was going to happen. Especially since mom said "my sleep is important so I get her up when she cries at night to sleep with me so I can sleep" This girl is very young, 19 I think. I am not sure she understands that sleep deprivation and motherhood go hand in hand sometimes lol.
Reply Up