Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pay For Field Trip
TGPII 07:35 PM 07-19-2012
I work at a NPO daycare. We are going on a field trip. Staff has to pay for there own field trip I was told cause we are NPO. I have worked at other for profit daycare centers and never have or heard of staff/teachers paying for a field trip. Thoughts on this?
juliebug 08:04 PM 07-19-2012
wow i think they should pay or give you the day off. you shouldn't have to pay most places that do field trip for kids usually give the caregivers free entry.
Countrygal 04:25 AM 07-20-2012
Did they tell you this as terms of employment? If it is their policy there is only one thing you can do - pay. But I would actively work to get the policy changed.
countrymom 04:30 AM 07-20-2012
that is odd, I've never heard of that. Is it written somewhere that you have to pay.
TGPII 03:10 PM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
that is odd, I've never heard of that. Is it written somewhere that you have to pay.
Was never told at time of hiring.
AquarianKid 07:45 PM 01-21-2013
Originally Posted by TGPII:
I work at a NPO daycare. We are going on a field trip. Staff has to pay for there own field trip I was told cause we are NPO. I have worked at other for profit daycare centers and never have or heard of staff/teachers paying for a field trip. Thoughts on this?
I've never heard of that before..if your job requires you to participate in the trip...they should pay for it, or allow you the option of working at the center or having the day off...I've always covered the cost of field trips for my teachers and assistants.
Sunshine74 09:08 PM 01-21-2013
I find that strange that anyone would really have to pay. All the field trips I have done have said one free adult for every X number of children (IME it is 1 free adult for 3 or 4 children). Maybe your center wants a higher ratio for adults to children, and that is why they have to pay, but it should not be your responsibility.
Tags:field trip
Reply Up