Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Noses and Lawn: Everything is Soggy
Pestle 10:32 AM 02-12-2020
Both my infants have mild colds and are fussy. One of them keeps curling up on the floor and the other won't sleep at all and screams with rage about it. I had one out for three days with this but now we're just all miserable together. They don't have fevers; just clear runny noses, occasional coughs, and foul moods.

We're also on our third consecutive year of recordbreaking rainfall in the Tennessee Valley, and it's wet and miserable outside as well as inside. The storm drains are so full that my sewer line has nowhere to flow to . . . again . . . so, once again, the seal is breaking beneath my daycare space's toilet, because that's the lowest fixture on the property. BLECH. I have spent over ten thousand dollars on rainwater mitigation in the last three years. With just two enrolled kids while I wait for SOMEBODY to need toddler care, I've started having to tap my mom when we have big expenses. I'm just grateful that she's come into enough money that I can tap her.

Anyhoo, from 0 to 100%, how many of your kids are under the weather right now? How bad is the weather, while you're at it? I think I see Charlton Heston at the edge of my property, waving a staff and yelling something about the Lord of Hosts doing battle for us.
littlefriends 11:03 AM 02-12-2020
I should knock on wood before saying this but right now not a single one of my 9 is sick! (Knock, knock!) Now, at the end of January flu, strep, and a tummy bug raged through and I had to close for 2 days because I got flu and felt like death.
Not too much rain and barely any snow so far but tonight we’re supposed to get some nastiness so we’ll see...
Cat Herder 11:34 AM 02-12-2020
We were hit pretty hard last week with flu, sinus infections and bronchitis, but are doing pretty well this week. The flooding has been harsh.

We need to get outside, but all the creeks and rivers are still out of their banks and the playground is 3 inches underwater. We were issued another flash flood warning today.

We are going a bit stir crazy.
Unregistered 11:45 AM 02-12-2020
MN here.. weather has been crazy this winter so sicknesses have been hard core! Within the last week all my kids got hit with the stomach bug. Just sent one home today.. it's either coming out one end or the other 😣
Ms.Kay 03:52 PM 02-12-2020
upstate ny.....50.and sub zero temps. tomorrow sub zero wind chill...I told all parents I will be opening the first floor at naptime for 90 min to try to kill anything. this sickness is out of control!!!!
flying_babyb 04:45 PM 02-12-2020
20-30 degrees here in chicago, Snowing. 100% of my kids have runny nasty noses, two have attuide issues and one bit me in the tata today! Been a real fun week!
Valerie928 05:33 PM 02-12-2020
Upstate NY here, we have a winter weather advisory tonight and tomorrow 3-5 inches of snow. Pretty standard for February. When it melts we get to look out onto the sloppiness that is mud. All my dck's are sick with colds. My own kids had influenza B a couple weeks ago. I always think, wow this is so much sickness, but honestly it is really the same sh*t different year. It's always a lot of illness this time of year no matter the year.
Annalee 04:57 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Both my infants have mild colds and are fussy. One of them keeps curling up on the floor and the other won't sleep at all and screams with rage about it. I had one out for three days with this but now we're just all miserable together. They don't have fevers; just clear runny noses, occasional coughs, and foul moods.

We're also on our third consecutive year of recordbreaking rainfall in the Tennessee Valley, and it's wet and miserable outside as well as inside. The storm drains are so full that my sewer line has nowhere to flow to . . . again . . . so, once again, the seal is breaking beneath my daycare space's toilet, because that's the lowest fixture on the property. BLECH. I have spent over ten thousand dollars on rainwater mitigation in the last three years. With just two enrolled kids while I wait for SOMEBODY to need toddler care, I've started having to tap my mom when we have big expenses. I'm just grateful that she's come into enough money that I can tap her.

Anyhoo, from 0 to 100%, how many of your kids are under the weather right now? How bad is the weather, while you're at it? I think I see Charlton Heston at the edge of my property, waving a staff and yelling something about the Lord of Hosts doing battle for us.
In Tennessee, too, and yes, the rainfall is crazy! School is out here today AGAIN! The past few weeks have been horrible. Even had three tornadoes in the last two weeks.

Blackcat31 06:13 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
MN here.. weather has been crazy this winter so sicknesses have been hard core! Within the last week all my kids got hit with the stomach bug. Just sent one home today.. it's either coming out one end or the other 😣
MN here as well. Winter has been a snowy but very mild one in my area. We have much more snow than usual but thank goodness we haven't had the sub-zero arctic temps we normally have. With the exception of today of course, -29F with windchills about -45F.

But all in all a fairly nice winter.

As far as illness goes, I am lucky too as there seems to be some type of gastrointestinal bug going around. Puking and/or diarrhea. Thankfully, I haven't had it here yet. There are other daycare's and schools here that have had entire classrooms effected.

The only thing I am stressing about is Spring.... with the amount of snow we've had, it's gonna be a wet, muddy Spring.

Sorry to hear about the wet/soggy environment you dealing with Pestle.....it sounds exhausting and stressful!

Tags:flood, illness
Reply Up