Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Hello all :)
55CMK83 12:11 PM 05-28-2010
Hello everyone, thought I'd introduce myself since I'm new to the site AND new to the daycare enviroment.

My name is Lyn, I'm 27yrs old and mother to 3 wonderful children ages 8 6 and 5 and wife to a police officer. I have been a SAHM for the past 8 years with substituting at a daycare for the past 3 years. In March the owner of the daycare asked if I was interested in buying the place, after lots of thinking, talking and mind swirling - I decided it's a go!! My youngest goes into K this fall so why not get out and make some $$!!

My first day as a daycare provider was May 3 and it's been going wonderful. I truely believe that this was meant to be and God sent this in my direction because it was "meant to be". I bought the house the daycare was in, all the contents and got to keep the clients that were here. How AWESOME!

I look forward to getting to know you all, share stories, get advice, give advice and whatever else may occur. If you have any questions for me ... FIRE AWAY!!

Have a safe weekend to you all
Michael 01:00 PM 05-28-2010
Hi Lyn, Welcome!
Momma in MT. 01:05 PM 05-28-2010
It is nice to meet you. I have really enjoyed the connections that I have made here. It is also nice someone is who excited about daycare like I am. I love what I do and consider it a blessing.
PositvityRuLes 07:12 AM 05-29-2010
"I truely believe that this was meant to be and God sent this in my direction because it was "meant to be". I bought the house the daycare was in, all the contents and got to keep the clients that were here. How AWESOME!"

That's really awesome! I am very new to this as well and, still have lots of work to do! Yesterday I rode past a yard sale and saw high chairs... can we just say it was like I saw a rock star? So excited! LoL ~Welcome
professionalmom 07:52 AM 05-29-2010
Originally Posted by PositvityRuLes:
"I truely believe that this was meant to be and God sent this in my direction because it was "meant to be". I bought the house the daycare was in, all the contents and got to keep the clients that were here. How AWESOME!"

That's really awesome! I am very new to this as well and, still have lots of work to do! Yesterday I rode past a yard sale and saw high chairs... can we just say it was like I saw a rock star? So excited! LoL ~Welcome
I felt the same way when I first started and I still do for the most part. It is very difficult to run your own business. Between the paperwork, the laws, the paperwork, the regulations, the paperwork, (sometimes) the parents, the paperwork, etc, it can be very daunting. Did I mention the paperwork? LOL! But I really love WHAT I do, meaning taking care of the children. That's the part I love. The rest can be a pain, but no job or career is all fun. There's always a downside.

What got me so excited about starting the daycare and getting the "stuff" needed, was that I was pregnant with my first when I was going through the licensing. So I got a lot of stuff via my baby shower (high chair, swings, porta cribs, bouncy chairs, etc.). And we also bought and moved into our new home during that time. So, we were expecting our first baby, bought our first home, and was being "showered" with tons of baby and kid stuff. It was great!

Just keep your passion for what you do. Don't let all the "other junk" get to you. Remember it's about the kiddos.
Tags:new member
Reply Up