Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outdoor Play
DaycareMom 11:57 AM 01-23-2014
I was wondering what you all do when you bring the kids outside. Weather permitting, I will take them for a walk or I usually just sit and watch. It's so fun to see what they come up with and how they use their imagination.

Do any of you actively participate in outdoor play? If so, what do you do?
melilley 12:04 PM 01-23-2014
Sometimes I watch and sometimes I participate, depending on the day. I get too bored if I just sit and watch, but sometimes it's nice to just watch.

I run around with them, run through the sprinkler in the summer, dig, look for things, have races, pull them in sleds, wagon rides around the block, things like that.
Cat Herder 12:57 PM 01-23-2014
On the playground I only get involved if I have to redirect behavior, clean up a mess or tend to a boo-boo.
Blackcat31 01:08 PM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by DaycareMom:
I was wondering what you all do when you bring the kids outside. Weather permitting, I will take them for a walk or I usually just sit and watch. It's so fun to see what they come up with and how they use their imagination.

Do any of you actively participate in outdoor play? If so, what do you do?
My role outside is to supervise and that's it.

My DH plays with the kids though....he slides, helps build snowmen, dig tunnels in the sandbox, plays catch, pushes on the swings and is great at playing tag.

I would like to play sometimes but when you do it once, they seem to expect it daily and I prefer they figure out how to play on their own.
Reply Up