Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>fits a drop off.
Kcole1075 09:49 AM 01-28-2014
One of my dcms doesnt bring her boys on mondays mondays in order to not pay me for that day. She said her husband schedules would now have Monday off. It turns out she has been sending them to her neighbors house. I dont care where the boys are but the toodler has been throwing fits on tuesday at drop offs.

He only startes this when he stopped coming on Monday. Mom keeps her goodbyes short a hug and kiss at the door and turns and leaves but on yuesday she is usually holding dcb who is screaming he doesnt wanna go. Then he usually screams for a good 20-30 minutes after she is gone.

What else can I do for him.
DaycareMom 10:09 AM 01-28-2014
I would say it's fairly normal. Remind him, mommy (or daddy) is coming back later to get you, GO PLAY! - and then IGNORE!
He will be fine.
melilley 10:11 AM 01-28-2014
I agree with pp.

Is it possible to tell this family that they are taking up a spot and have to pay for Monday anyways? Maybe then they will come on Monday. Just a thought.
Play Care 10:13 AM 01-28-2014
This is why they pay for a spot, not attendance.
I agree with the the other poster. Set up a spot for them to pull themselves together and go about the day. I have found the less attention paid to it the quicker it stops.
Kcole1075 10:41 AM 01-28-2014
I don't think its leaving mom its seems to be more wanting to be with neighbor instead. He has left mom fine since semptember but last three weeks he has been going to neighbors house and has had fits here.

She was on pay for spot but I told her since dad was off they needed to stay with him after a month of every monday no call no show or trying to drop off 3-4 hours late. Seriously one time she showed up at my door trying to drop off at 2 It was over Christmas break and they were my only kids and i tried to call her all morning.I might have to go back to pay Per spot with her if he can't transition well between here and neighbors house on monday.
craftymissbeth 12:00 PM 01-28-2014
Maybe change it to the pay per spot plus set a drop off limit.
TwinKristi 12:12 PM 01-28-2014
Ugh, I had a DCB who did this. Mom farmed them out on Weds to whoever could take them to avoid committing to being here 5 days I guess and Thurs were always rough if he wasn't here Wed. Some Wed she would bring them but maybe once a month. Her sister was pregnant and no job so she had her watching them or another family member would take the sister for a fun day and leave brother here. I didn't even put the Thursday thing together until he threw a huge fit one time and I was like WTH? Then I started kind of journaling his behavior and sure enough Mondays and Thursdays (if someone else had him Wed) were worse than the other 3 days! It's so weird.
But I agree, I would tell her you've noticed a huge difference on Tuesdays since he's been going elsewhere on Mondays and you would like to work on this. Also be up front with the fact that Mondays were discounted from the bill because they were staying home with dad, and now it's making your job harder and you're getting paid less. She needs to pay for Mondays and I would encourage her to bring him back on Mondays as well by 9am or something.
Tags:drop off - crying, tantrums
Reply Up