Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do I Get ABCMouse.com Free?
DaisyMamma 11:52 AM 01-28-2014
I've seen that you can get it as a preschool. Does anyone do this? If so, how?
I'm pinching pennies right now and could use the 8.95/month
MarinaVanessa 12:32 PM 01-28-2014
Sign up as a school and enter your license number in the box that reads teacher number or something like that. For DC name (or name of school, I can't remember how it reads) put in your daycare name or what you have listed on your license "DaisyMama Family Child Care" etc. Just fill out the enrollment as best you can as if you were a center and click the options that fit your daycare best. HTH

If you get stuck on a question just post it here and maybe we can help.
melonieb 04:44 PM 01-28-2014
I signed up and got free. yea
daycare 04:47 PM 01-28-2014
I used have to pay for it years ago and then did what MV said and have been getting it for free for the past 2 years.

We don't really use it too much anymore, it requires too much one on one attention from me and most of the kids can't properly use the mouse.

but my own kid uses it and loves it
MarinaVanessa 10:00 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
I used have to pay for it years ago and then did what MV said and have been getting it for free for the past 2 years.

We don't really use it too much anymore, it requires too much one on one attention from me and most of the kids can't properly use the mouse.

but my own kid uses it and loves it
I got a one button mouse because of that very reason (they kept clicking the right mouse button) and now things are better. We still don't use it much though and only the 3yo and older get to try it.
MyAngels 05:30 AM 01-29-2014
I don't use it for the daycare but I did give access to one of my families and DCM said it is easier for her kids to use on their tablet.
DaycareMom 06:18 AM 01-29-2014
I am legally unlicensed...
is it possible for me to get it?
proudmommyofthree 06:24 AM 01-29-2014
I'm currently paying for mine, is there anyway I can get it free even though I'm paying now? Do I just need to cancel and sign up again with my license number?
I'm going to have to check it and look through it, see where I can change my account. My payments are $20.00/month
dave4him 10:10 AM 01-29-2014
I am going to check it out
dave4him 10:16 AM 01-29-2014
A little gender biased on the teacher avatar selection, but oh well ill live
NeedaVaca 10:34 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by DaycareMom:
I am also legally unlicensed and the sign up was easy and free! I was surprised how easy it was...I didn't need any license # or anything
MarinaVanessa 10:48 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by DaycareMom:
I don't see why not. You'll just need to put something into the space instead of your license number ... maybe your phone number??? Without spaces maybe ... 5555555555, something like that
MNMommy2 10:55 AM 01-29-2014
So did you go under schools? I am seeing an option for Public, Private, and Head Start... I would like to get this, I am legally unlicensed, but am not sure what to do to proceed on their website. TIA.
DaisyMamma 02:12 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I don't use it for the daycare but I did give access to one of my families and DCM said it is easier for her kids to use on their tablet.
Yes. Very true.
I had a desktop PC until December and as soon as I let them do it on the tablet we use it sooooo much more.

Thanks, I will try to sign up as a school
AmyLeigh 02:59 PM 01-29-2014
FYI, if you already have a membership, you will need to use a different email to sign up as a school.
MNMommy2 05:29 PM 01-29-2014
Did you sign up as a private or public school? I just didn't see anywhere to put a license #, maybe I just missed it... Did you just put yourself in all the contact info? and school name, etc.?
thetoddlerwhisper 06:07 PM 01-29-2014
i did private and it didnt ask for licensing number
MsLaura529 09:32 AM 02-15-2014
Question: If you sign up for it on a computer ... can you also use the same account on a tablet?
Orie 12:20 PM 02-15-2014
I just signed up on my pc. I was happy to find out I could get this for free if I signed up as a private preschool. Thanks for the information on how to do this.
What I would really like to do is use this program on my new tablet. I feel it would be easier to use with my whole group this way.
I was able to log in on my tablet, but the site won't work for me on my tablet, because it said my tablet needs to have adobe flash player and my tablet won't support that. Bummer! I looked to see if there was an abc mouse app I could download for the tablet, but did not find one. Does anyone have any advice on how to make this work, or maybe have a free preschool app I could download to work with my dc kids with when we have our preschool time?
Cradle2crayons 02:23 PM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
Question: If you sign up for it on a computer ... can you also use the same account on a tablet?
Yes, I obtained my free account on my of and then dl the app on my iPad. It asks you to sign in on the app and it pulls up your account.
Cradle2crayons 02:24 PM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by Orie:
I just signed up on my pc. I was happy to find out I could get this for free if I signed up as a private preschool. Thanks for the information on how to do this.
What I would really like to do is use this program on my new tablet. I feel it would be easier to use with my whole group this way.
I was able to log in on my tablet, but the site won't work for me on my tablet, because it said my tablet needs to have adobe flash player and my tablet won't support that. Bummer! I looked to see if there was an abc mouse app I could download for the tablet, but did not find one. Does anyone have any advice on how to make this work, or maybe have a free preschool app I could download to work with my dc kids with when we have our preschool time?
The app is called "early learning academy" and I use it on my iPad. And my iPad doesn't have flash and it works fine.
MsLaura529 06:21 PM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Yes, I obtained my free account on my of and then dl the app on my iPad. It asks you to sign in on the app and it pulls up your account.
Awesome! Thanks.
DaisyMamma 12:10 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
The app is called "early learning academy" and I use it on my iPad. And my iPad doesn't have flash and it works fine.
Yes and the app for the ipad is actually so much easier for the kids to use than the desktop or laptop.
Orie 12:20 PM 02-17-2014
Thank you!
MissAnn 01:19 PM 02-17-2014
I'm using it on iPad now too! Thank you!
Crazy8 02:14 PM 02-17-2014
what is the max age you'd say for this program?? My DS is almost 8 (2nd grade) but is still only reading on a 1st grade level. Is this too young for him? We've tried a few apps on the ipad that he just found too babyish.
DaisyMamma 05:18 PM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
what is the max age you'd say for this program?? My DS is almost 8 (2nd grade) but is still only reading on a 1st grade level. Is this too young for him? We've tried a few apps on the ipad that he just found too babyish.
My daughter is the same. She played with it a little but wasn't much interested. I didn't push it though.
She would rather message with her friends. This turned out to be a big help. In order to iMessage her friends she needs to read and spell. Her last timed reading test went from 108 words to 137!
MarinaVanessa 10:39 PM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
My 9yo likes playing with it and I let her because she likes the games but really it's meant for kids up to age 6. 6 years is about grade 1 level isn't it? So he should be able to play with it and get something out of it.

The problem I have is that my own 4yo spends all of his time playing with dang hamster instead of doing the activities so I hope the program helps your son more than mine .
Maria2013 05:11 AM 02-20-2014
Does ABCmouse offer just online learning or does it also offer printable activities?

I'm looking for a site that doesn't require me to download a complete curriculum ...I'd like to be able to select and print just what I want to print
Tags:abc mouse, abcmouse.com, free
Reply Up