Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Simon Did Not Say That!
Play Care 11:26 AM 01-22-2014
Today my 4 1/2 yo dcb was leading during a game of Simon Says. His task? "Simon Says touch your boobies!" And then throwing an epic tantrum because I would not listen when he was trying to explain what breasts are (um, I'd like to think I already know ) I reminded him that we do not talk about private under clothes body parts (I know, but I was trying to keep it simple) and to chose another task for the kids to do. He refused and continued crying and carrying on... Yes, this is the same boy who just last week got so carried away with walking in on another dck in the bathroom that he exposed his penis to the other kids to highlight what he meant when he said he saw Sammie's "bare butt"

I emailed mom my concerns and will be speaking to her about them as well. While some "potty" and "private" talk is normal, I've never had a child go as far with it as this one.
Mom is expecting and he is going to K in the Fall so I know there are some issues from those things, but oh man!
melilley 11:41 AM 01-22-2014

I agree that some talk is normal, but for him to carry on like that because you asked him to not talk about that doesn't sound right.
Play Care 11:53 AM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:

I agree that some talk is normal, but for him to carry on like that because you asked him to not talk about that doesn't sound right.
I have had a lot of issues with his behavior. I think they are in for a rude awaking when he goes to K in the Fall
Annalee 11:58 AM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I have had a lot of issues with his behavior. I think they are in for a rude awaking when he goes to K in the Fall
School systems have a zero tolerance for any "off color" words/actions as well. Not like it used to be....these parents may be in the principal's office right off the bat!!!!
Blackcat31 12:19 PM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
"Simon Says touch your boobies!"
First:

Ok, now that that is out of the way.....Wowza! That's so NOT cool!

Glad to see you are taking this straight to mom.

Seems to me DCB might be trying to find ways to get "attention" since mom is expecting.... too bad for him that he hasn't figured out how to do that properly yet.
DaycareMom 02:58 PM 01-22-2014
I just love the title of this - "Simon did NOT say that!"

LOL!!!
Laurel 03:26 PM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by DaycareMom:
I just love the title of this - "Simon did NOT say that!"

LOL!!!

Sorry to laugh but hey it IS funny!

Laurel
Reply Up