Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Change Children Into Swimming Suit?
LovetheSun 01:28 PM 08-08-2017
Hi everyone,

We had a few potential families asking about our policy regarding changing children here at school. Do you change the children into swimming suit?

The parents needs to sign an agreement when it comes to sunscreen but now i am wondering if I should have one too in regard of swimming suits.

It feels odd to me that families would be worried about it since they trust us with caring for their children, why would they worry about us changing them?
hwichlaz 01:37 PM 08-08-2017
If they need me to. But the kids that need me to change them into their swim suit are the same kids that need me to change their diapers....after potty training they put their own bathing suit on, occasionally asking for a little help if it gets tangled.
knoxmomof2 01:51 PM 08-08-2017
Same as above - if they need help (basically aren't potty trained or are in training), then yes. Otherwise, they do it themselves and call for help if they hit a snafu. What else would these parents expect?
kendallina 02:18 PM 08-08-2017
Would they prefer if you called them during the day so they could come and change their own child into their suits? Silly parents.
MissAnn 02:27 PM 08-08-2017
I ask for easy to put on swim suits. No criss crosss in the back! Tankinis are easy. Boys trunks are too. I teach them how to do it themselves.
Pestle 02:28 PM 08-08-2017
That's strange. If the kids can put their own swimsuits on, of course they do it themselves. If they're too little to do that, we're spending half the day wiping down their undercarriages already, so a little more nudity isn't going to change the dynamic.
Ariana 05:52 PM 08-08-2017
I think I would literally laugh in a parents face if they were concerned about this. Get a grip parents. If you don't trust me to change your kids clothes when they are in my care for 8-10 hours a day you need to give your head a shake!
LovetheSun 10:17 PM 08-08-2017
Oh I feel so much better you guys are sharing my point of view. I was wondering if I was missing something here Or if I was even in the wrong offering water play...

The older ones put their swimming suits by their own but the younger one obviously need help (I guess the parents think they should come in swimming suit and air dry ).

I guess I need to have the parent sign an agreement just in case.
catinthebox 10:35 PM 08-08-2017
i dont think i am much help, but i work at a daycare center and the kids put on their own clothes/swimming suits. I am a Male teacher and from my own experiences i had only help out kids who needed help only a few times. I did not watch them change! But i did have to help them take off their wet shirts because it was too hard for the kids and i did help them i was out side with the other kids and staff. I made sure that one of the staff was there and watching.

But i did have to help a child who had a disable that prevented him from using one of his arms. So, it was hard for him to change in to his pants and shirt. I felt really sad for him as well.
lovemykidstoo 06:44 AM 08-11-2017
What did the parent say? They're worried about you changing their child's clothes? What happens if they have a diaper accident and you have to change the clothes? That's weird IMO. If they really didn't want you changing the child into a suit, then I would just say well I guess Susie can't have water play then because she's 2 and can't change her own clothes or term.
Tags:bathing suit, changing policy
Reply Up