Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update On Nap Time Screamer And A Question
slpender 08:12 AM 10-15-2012
Update on naptime screamer. Well they pulled a no call no show today which is
very common for them but I just sent a policy update home last week which both parents signed and returned stating this.

 The client must notify the provider in advance (by 8:30 am please) whenever a child won’t be coming to care due to illness or any other reason. If you fail to notify me of your child’s absence an inconvenience fee of $10.00 will be charged. This fee will be due immediately in cash. If you choose to make a habit of not calling when your child will be absent you risk losing your space in my day-care.
 Failure to comply with the program’s illness policies may result in the termination of this contract.
 The client must pay for all days when the child is sick and not in child care.
Late Arrivals
At Pender Family Child Care we have a structured daily routine and in order to follow that I require that your child arrive at child care no later than 9:00 am, unless prior notice is given 24 hours in advance (doctors’ appointments etc.), otherwise your child will not be accepted into care for the day.

My question is should I call them this evening and terminate over the phone followed by a letter or should I wait until they bring child back and send them away with a term letter. The above policy was added to my handbook because of this one family. It really bothers me when they pull the no call no show. There is no school here today which means today I only have my daughter and one other child if I knew that this child was not coming I would have planned a day out with the two I have.
slpender 08:29 AM 10-15-2012
Also forgot to ad that today is also pay day and my handbook says payment is due on Monday morning by 9 am even if child is not here and here it is 11:30 am here and no payment.
Blackcat31 08:29 AM 10-15-2012
You are terming? ccording to your policy update, they should only be charged a $10 inconvenience fee. (IF I am reading your update correctly?).

I would turn them away if they show up the next scheduled day without the $10 fee as that IS clearly outlined. But I guess I wouldn't term yet because they have only disregarded the update once so far right?
slpender 10:35 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You are terming? ccording to your policy update, they should only be charged a $10 inconvenience fee. (IF I am reading your update correctly?).

I would turn them away if they show up the next scheduled day without the $10 fee as that IS clearly outlined. But I guess I wouldn't term yet because they have only disregarded the update once so far right?
Sorry I should have add this is the 3rd time I have issues since the notice was sent home on Monday the 8th they did not show up until after 10:00 and on Wed of last week they dropped off at 10:45. How many chance do you give a family I did give dad verbal warnings both times last week. I just feel like they think the rules do not apply to them.
cheerfuldom 11:33 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by slpender:
Sorry I should have add this is the 3rd time I have issues since the notice was sent home on Monday the 8th they did not show up until after 10:00 and on Wed of last week they dropped off at 10:45. How many chance do you give a family I did give dad verbal warnings both times last week. I just feel like they think the rules do not apply to them.
Why did you give verbal warnings and not charge the fees before?
Blackcat31 11:47 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by slpender:
In that case, if you really want to term, I would probably e-mail them a term letter and request a reply that they received it.

If you don't communicate through e-mail with them, then I would call and let them know that today was the last straw and you are terming them. I fyou are giving them a final week or two, then hand them the written term notice the next time they come and if you are terming IMMEDIATWLY with no further services, I would call and tell them and to expect the notice letter in the mail soon.
Reply Up