Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Nap Question!
Francine 03:18 PM 11-14-2011
Has anybody ever had an infant that just doesn't sleep? I have an 11 week old, he was here today from 8-5, he slept for maybe an hour total and that was broke up into 3-4 naps. He should be sleeping more than any other child here, these little cat naps are driving me crazy. I have him sleeping in my livingroom in a PNP so that I can keep an eye on him and so that I don't have to keep running up and down the stairs. I have been tempted to move him up stairs so that he has a darker quieter room but I have never moved on upstairs at this age. Any ideas how to get him to sleep longer?
cheerfuldom 04:34 PM 11-14-2011
Is he allowed to sleep on another floor as you are on? Is there any dark space for him, you can use white noise and that combo can really do the trick. Are you allowed to swaddle? Try the Halo sleepsacks.
Michael 08:51 PM 11-14-2011
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...+won%27t+sleep
mommiesherie 09:17 PM 11-14-2011
I put sleeping babies in my room in crib. Its quieter in there. I have a one story house. I also have a sound machine on my alarm clock that I turn on. Makes good sleeping noise for them.
mommiesherie 09:22 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by mommiesherie:
I put sleeping babies in my room in crib. Its quieter in there. I have a one story house. I also have a sound machine on my alarm clock that I turn on. Makes good sleeping noise for them.
. I meant to add that my 6 month old infant will wake up and fuss for a few minutes but if I let him be he will go back to sleep and sleep for a long time. Not sure why but he just wakes up and if I don't rush in he goes back to sleep and seems to sleep longer and better when he does that. Idk but its just him. Never had another like that
Francine 03:29 AM 11-15-2011
I can put him on another level so far I have just choosen not to because of his age, I like to keep the tinys close to me. We might have to try upstairs today though. I'm hoping that he isn't going to be one of those terrible nappers forever, is it normal for a 3 month old to stay awake all day? I have never had one like this, even if he doesn't need the sleep, I need him to sleep. I am going to take Nannys advice and try alot of tummy time today, see if that makes any difference.
Cat Herder 03:52 AM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by Francine:
I can put him on another level so far I have just choosen not to because of his age, I like to keep the tinys close to me. .
Thank you

You made my morning.
Francine 04:59 AM 11-15-2011
So my little no napper just came in, Dad said that they took him home last night and he slept from 6:00 p.m. until 2:30 a.m.........of course he did, he was up all day!
Cat Herder 05:47 AM 11-15-2011
Is he breastfeeding? Is is possible Mom is ingesting a bit more caffeine than recommended? (IME, Many Moms pump on lunch break for the next day.)

I have had that before.. It was not intentional, just out of old, pre-pregnancy, workplace habits.
countrymom 05:55 AM 11-15-2011
get the book, the baby whisperer, she has really good ideas. I bet you he needs a schedual.
Francine 07:18 AM 11-15-2011
He's not breast fed. He ate at 6:00 this morning, hadn't slept since. He ate 3 ounces for me at 9...all the while trying to go to sleep, it was all I cold do to get the 3 ounces down him. I changed his poopy diaper, tried to feed him a bit more but all he wanted was sleep. I layed him down, in a sleep sack, cool, dark room, fan going for white noise.....he slept for 10-15 minutes. Tried giving him his pacifier back a couple of times, that didn't help, he was just awake and wanted up.

Between 7:45 when he got here and 9 when I fed him he had tummy time and lots of holding time.
Cat Herder 07:56 AM 11-15-2011
Is he content when he is awake?
Francine 08:02 AM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Is he content when he is awake?
Sometimes but not always..50/50.
Tags:infant - safety, infant - sleeping issues, infant - won't sleep, infant care, sids, suids
Reply Up