Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If you use Thieves Cleaner...
SunflowerMama 07:34 AM 01-11-2012
Can you tell me if your Thieves bottle has an EPA # printed on the back of the bottle.

I'm in Texas and if I don't use bleach/water combo whatever I use MUST have an EPA # printed on the bottle.

I wish I could use something not as harsh and am hoping Thieves will work.

I was going to order online but can't tell from reading info if the EPA# is actually on the bottle. I've tried other products that have info online but if it's not on the bottle they say NO.
My Daycare 07:49 AM 01-11-2012
Wondering the same thing. Can someone tell me if it also says something like, kills 99.9% of germs? That's what my rep looks for.
SunflowerMama 08:59 AM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by My Daycare:
Wondering the same thing. Can someone tell me if it also says something like, kills 99.9% of germs? That's what my rep looks for.
On Amazon it says kills 99.6 I think but if it has an EPA # it'll definitely be good for your rep.

Just looking for someone that may have a bottle at home that could check the label before I spend the $$ to purchase it.
WImom 12:19 PM 01-11-2012
I'd like to know too. Hopefully someone can post the info.
SunflowerMama 12:28 PM 01-11-2012
I know SAHM2THREE uses it so maybe she'll see this post.

It was the bleach alternative thread that got me thinking about Thieves.
sahm2three 01:17 PM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
I know SAHM2THREE uses it so maybe she'll see this post.

It was the bleach alternative thread that got me thinking about Thieves.
I don't see it on the bottle, but all of my literature says 99.6% I am contacting Young Living to see if they can get me linked to some scientific info. I have an MSDS sheet somewhere. I will look for it. Here is a good link with some more info as well. http://www.thieves-cleaner.com/

I will get back to you all! It is amazing!
sahm2three 01:23 PM 01-11-2012
Some more links until I find the MSDS sheet:

https://www.moldrx4u.com/Index.asp
http://www.secretofthieves.com/thieves-cleaner.cfm

K, will be back with the MSDS sheet.
sahm2three 09:00 AM 01-12-2012
Ok, there is no official EPA number associated with Thieves cleaner. Here is what i got from Young Living regarding this:

Thank you for your email. According to our MSDS report the Thieves oil
is "not regulated as an RCRA Hazardous waste by the Federal EPA", as
such there is no EPA number associated with this product.

I am going to attach the MSDS. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know!
Attached: thieves_MSDS sheet.pdf (98.9 KB) 
SunflowerMama 09:08 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Ok, there is no official EPA number associated with Thieves cleaner. Here is what i got from Young Living regarding this:

Thank you for your email. According to our MSDS report the Thieves oil
is "not regulated as an RCRA Hazardous waste by the Federal EPA", as
such there is no EPA number associated with this product.

I am going to attach the MSDS. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know!
*** I'm so bummed!! My state will not allow it if it doesn't have an EPA #. I just can't seem to find a natural alternative to bleach anywhere that is registered with the EPA .

I don't know why it bleeped my first word but it was just...U-G-G-G
sahm2three 11:51 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
*** I'm so bummed!! My state will not allow it if it doesn't have an EPA #. I just can't seem to find a natural alternative to bleach anywhere that is registered with the EPA .

I don't know why it bleeped my first word but it was just...U-G-G-G
LOL! It doesn't NEED an EPA # because it isn't hazerdous. LOL! Sorry.
Tags:cleaner
Reply Up