Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Enrollment VS. Participation
MsLisa 08:47 AM 09-05-2015
I have 28 kids enrolled into my program. ( max enrollement!)
Some are just before care. (10)
Some are just after care. (8)
Some are both. (10)
I have all their papers in, ready to roll.....

...I only had 8 to 10 kids all week......
(Most were brand new and literally showed up with papers in hand and kids ready to go)

Now I know it was the first week of school and some parents might have driven them in or had to readjust schedules.
It just seems....weird not to have most of these kids.

You would think that if you took the time to enroll your child into the program you would USE the program. The part that makes me annoyed is that these people are taking up spots and I've had to start a waiting list because parents are calling daily to sign up. Parents that will actually PAY, USE and NEED the service. It just doesn't seem practical to me. And none of these enrolled parents are paying for their spots, mind you. They SHOULD have paid when they enrolled but of course my ex-boss didn't do that.

So I want to reach out to these parents and be like "hey....you coming? or what?" but in a more professional nice way. THAT'S WHERE I NEED YOU!
(ok maybe Blackcat cause she's brilliant at writing stuff ).

How do I word this?
What would you do?

PS. My ex-boss, who left me this mess, was just way to lax with this kind of stuff. He would let parents pay late or not at all and rack up payments. He wouldn't charge our late fee or terminate anyone. He stopped listening to his voice mails and answering emails so I’m sure some of this is cause of that so I’m going to work around his jerk waste of space head.
Controlled Chaos 03:54 PM 09-05-2015
I am no BC but I am thinking something along the lines of "If you have not paid by x date you will forfit Your spot" I would call, email...whatever you can to get a hold of them. Did they sign anything agreeing to pay by a certain date?
MsLisa 04:02 PM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I am no BC but I am thinking something along the lines of "If you have not paid by x date you will forfit Your spot" I would call, email...whatever you can to get a hold of them. Did they sign anything agreeing to pay by a certain date?
Nope.
They pay upon enrollement, which my ex boss didn't do, which pays for their first weeks care. Then they pay every Friday for the upcoming weeks care. None of them did that. They are just files in my box and no kids to be seen. We have agreement papers on how much they pay but not by when.

I was thinking along the same lines though.
Tags:enrollment, enrollment vs participation, participation
Reply Up