Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Some Advice
kayla 06:04 AM 02-28-2012
ok so my difficult dcm sent me a message this morning saying: we r coming. should be there today. Hes just napping..

How would any of you respond to this... I just sent a note home yesterday telling her i need her to follow a schedule...( i sent it in a note because her mom picked up child). I found my back bone its just she is a very difficult person to handle, I'm curious as to what any of you would say to her.
Zoe 06:28 AM 02-28-2012
Say, "ok sounds good. Make sure dck is here before (insert time here) so that we are there for him. Anytime after (time) we will have begun our day and he will not be admitted. See you soon!"
Mom&Provider 06:58 AM 02-28-2012
Do you know if she got the note?

I would include in your message back to her that you had sent one home and as the pp'er said tell her a time and that he has to be here by X:XX to keep on your scheduled activites for the day. When she does come, tell her in person the same message you sent home in your note!
littlemissmuffet 09:31 AM 02-28-2012
First of all, texts and emails don't fly here when informing me of a late or an absent. That kind of information needs to be communicated in person or telephone only. So I would have ignored the message alltogether and left for our outdoor morning activities.

Secondly, if a parent were to call me and tell me what your DCM said... my reply would depend on the time I got the call.

If it was before 8am I would say "That's fine but he needs to be here by 8am in order to get breakfast. If he's here even a minute after 8am - no breakfast."

If it was after 8am I would say "That's fine. Just a reminder breakfast is over and he needs to be fed before arriving. Also, he needs to be dropped off before 9am as stated in our contract (I don't do drop offs after 9am unless with notice for a dr. appt)."

If DCM didn't drop off by 8:59am... I'd be out the door.
Ariana 09:43 AM 02-28-2012
In all honesty if I got a txt from a DCM saying this she'd be termed immediately. You have already sent a note home requiring a set schedule which she is clearly ignoring. It's also uber disrespectful to txt "we r coming. should be there today. Hes just napping.." The first part says we're coming, the next line says we MIGHT be coming. I don't tolerate this level of disrespect at all.
Tags:backbone, parents - changing things, schedule
Reply Up