Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice Please
akpayne 07:05 PM 04-13-2012
So I interviewed a DCK earlier this week- wasnt so sure about them and mom said shed call me. She called today (at 9pm!) saying her and hubby want me to take their kids. I have two more interviews lined up for next week, one which seems to have lots of potential. Now Im not sure what the protocol is for this- Do I tell mom I need to wait until my interviews next week? Do I tell her no and hope it works out with the others? Do I tell her yes and then tell her Ive changed my mind?
Ive never had to tell DCF no before and not really sure how to go about it.

Thanks all
wdmmom 10:04 PM 04-13-2012
I would ask her when she is wanting to start. Then mention to her that you do have other interviews scheduled and will set up second interviews once you've completed the first round.

I require 2 in person contacts before I sign anyone on. 1st interview I go over my handbook, contract and policies and answer any questions.

Interview 2 I show them my home, go over our schedule, and answer any new questions.

Usually at interview 2 is when I discuss deposit, start date, etc.
Kim 04:21 AM 04-14-2012
I politely tell families I have a few more interviews to conduct and will be in touch. Always interview interview interview if you have the opportunity to and then see which family will be the best fit.
DaisyMamma 05:23 AM 04-14-2012
Originally Posted by Kim:
I politely tell families I have a few more interviews to conduct and will be in touch. Always interview interview interview if you have the opportunity to and then see which family will be the best fit.
Definitely!
Tags:holding spot, interview
Reply Up