Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Your Local Places That Allow You To Advertise?
Josiegirl 09:36 AM 07-28-2013
I know every community is different but I'm curious if most businesses are open to letting you place flyers, posters, magnets, etc. on the counter or local bulletin board?
What kinds of businesses are more open than others? I just had a random thought after reading about giving out pens in the parade topic....what if you simply left pens at places like banks where you use their pen anyways? Just leave a few around with your daycare name? I'm sure they'd be confiscated as soon as they were found.
sally 10:03 AM 07-28-2013
I hang fliers up at our local grocery stores and gas stations. Also quite a few of our restaurants have boards for fliers too. Most of the boards are full of fliers for all kinds of businesses and people selling things.
MsLaura529 01:45 PM 07-28-2013
I have my fliers up at the library, the local children's resale shop, a new developing neighborhood's model home, and a couple family restaurants in the area.

I would be leary about "sneaking" things in for advertising since it has your information on it. Easy way to be reported.
Starburst 05:28 PM 07-28-2013
You can try local laundry mats, community/activity centers, or community colleges. Sometimes hospitals have community boards that you can post on; especially a bonus if its near a maternity ward or near an OB/GYN, pediatric, or family practitioner's office.

At one local restaurant in my town they used to have a bulletin board where you can post lots of fliers or business cards but since they re-modeled it they try to make it look more upscale and got rid of it . You can also try McDonalds, Burger King, Baskin Robins, Cold Stone, Little Cesar's, Starbucks, Chuck E. Cheese's, or Jumping Around (sometimes they have community boards). You can also try non-chain local businesses (such as a salon that specializes in kids hair cuts or jump house rental place) and offer to cross promote (have some of their fliers/business cards on your bulletin board or do business with them).
Meeko 06:01 AM 07-29-2013
I "trade" with some of the local business's.

My hair stylist has a card holder full of her cards in my sign-in area and mine are on the desk at her salon.

We pass out business cards of a handiman we trust and he keeps our cards on him in case he ever comes across anyone with kids etc. We have had inquiries both ways.
Unregistered 07:45 AM 07-29-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I know every community is different but I'm curious if most businesses are open to letting you place flyers, posters, magnets, etc. on the counter or local bulletin board?
What kinds of businesses are more open than others? I just had a random thought after reading about giving out pens in the parade topic....what if you simply left pens at places like banks where you use their pen anyways? Just leave a few around with your daycare name? I'm sure they'd be confiscated as soon as they were found.
Lots of business would welcome your dropping off a supply of pens (grocery stores, gas stations, etc.). Just use your pen whereever you go and leave it there, or hand them a few or even go to the manager and leave a box of them.

I like to leave business cards in the kids' waiting area at the clinic, children's resale stores, even at rummage sales with lots of kids' things. Facebook, however, has brought me more kids than anything.
Tags:advertising
Reply Up