Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The parent that is never happy
slpender 11:08 AM 09-04-2013
I guess this is more of a vent but every time this parent leaves I just want to bang my head on the table. Today she is upset because I am closed tomorrow she doesn't have to work either she just wants to bring her child. Last week it was her 3 1/2 yr old doesn't sleep through the night because I let them nap. I put the 3-4 yrs down at 1:00-2:30 if her child does nap which is very rare it is only for about 30 mins before I wake them for snack at 2:45. She also no longer wants me to take field trips even though she new this was part of my program when she signed her child up last year. I am just counting down the days until January when I move to our new house and big changes take place.
butterfly 11:41 AM 09-04-2013
I'd keep doing what your doing - with lots of open communication. If they are truly unhappy they'll term themselves.

preschoolteacher 11:45 AM 09-04-2013
Ugh! Too bad. I think you should just keep doing what you're doing and not let her problems become your problems. You're doing a great job--tell yourself that--and dream about the day when you will have parents who appreciate it!
MNMum 11:49 AM 09-04-2013
I had one of these. She finally termed and this is my first week without her. I do not miss the drama! Hang in there, we can't please them all.
slpender 12:22 PM 09-04-2013
Thanks for all support it felt good to just vent.
e.j. 12:30 PM 09-04-2013
It's frustrating to have to deal with someone who is never happy with the way you do things. Several years ago, I had a dcm who was like that. She started nitpicking everything I did and making veiled threats to find another provider and take her child out of my care. I finally told her I totally understood her point but my policies were my polices because they work for me and most of the families I have enrolled here. If she felt the need to find a new provider, I would have no hard feelings. After that, I never heard another complaint out of her and she ended up enrolling her second child with me.

l just remind myself that I can't be all things to all people. I try to be open to suggestions but I run my day care business the way I like. If someone isn't happy with the way I do things, I can respect that but have no qualms about suggesting they look elsewhere for child care.
Leigh 01:01 PM 09-04-2013
Originally Posted by slpender:
I guess this is more of a vent but every time this parent leaves I just want to bang my head on the table. Today she is upset because I am closed tomorrow she doesn't have to work either she just wants to bring her child. Last week it was her 3 1/2 yr old doesn't sleep through the night because I let them nap. I put the 3-4 yrs down at 1:00-2:30 if her child does nap which is very rare it is only for about 30 mins before I wake them for snack at 2:45. She also no longer wants me to take field trips even though she new this was part of my program when she signed her child up last year. I am just counting down the days until January when I move to our new house and big changes take place.
I would start interviewing for the space, honestly. You're not going to make this person happy. Keep doing what YOU want to do. It is YOUR life, YOUR business, and you are there to care for her child, not to serve Mom.

Upset because you're closed? She needs to get over herself. 3-1/2 yo takes naps? Because the kid NEEDS a nap at that age, period. No field trips? Really not fair to the other kids, is it?

Find a new client who can deal with the way you run your program...the problem is with this parent, not you.
Reply Up