Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toys in My Living Room
SilverSabre25 06:53 AM 12-05-2011
I do daycare on my lower level. My upstairs living room has not had any toys in a long time, but this isn't working for my own family. I have a 6 month old and a 4 year old and am struggling to come up with toys that will be fun for the 4 year old while being safe for the 6 month old AND not having so many pieces that it's hard to clean up my living room at the end of the day.

I thought of the wooden letter blocks (the small cube-shaped ones) but beyond that, I dunno...they need to be SAFE for the little one, not necessarily usable by him.
GretasLittleFriends 07:02 AM 12-05-2011
A huge hit at my house for a wide variety of ages is duplo blocks. Other suggestions would be a little people set or some larger play figurines, like rescue heroes. Good luck!!
SilverSabre25 07:22 AM 12-05-2011
Little People, duh...I have a large collection of those that's been rotated away for a few months now. That is a great option!

Any other ideas?
cheerfuldom 08:44 AM 12-05-2011
board books, chunky wood puzzles, large cars, large animal figurines, dress up stuff....depending on how much room you have, you can set up a baby zone for your own little one upstairs.
janealb 08:51 AM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
A huge hit at my house for a wide variety of ages is duplo blocks. Other suggestions would be a little people set or some larger play figurines, like rescue heroes. Good luck!!

My kids love duplo blovks as well. It's true that they're everywhere around the house but they can't get hurt playing with them, they can't swallow them and they can get really creative.
Tags:safety, toy safety, toys
Reply Up