Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infant Standing In Crib....Then Cannot Get Down...
MARSTELAC 06:51 AM 01-26-2012
Anyone have this problem? I put infant to bed. She stands up in crib. (cannot get out yet). Then screams because she cannot put herself back down. I go put her back down, say nighty-night. Walk away. Right back up. Then I put her back down and say nothing. This would go on for hours if I let it. She wants to be held non-stop. UGH. What do you do about this?
Thanks!

Blackcat31 06:55 AM 01-26-2012
LOL!! That you posted this right now.....I just put one of my littles down for her morning snooze and she is doing the same thing. She stands and has no idea how to let go and sit back down so I had to go "rescue" her. after three trips in, I dug out the sleep sack and put her in that. She has been quiet now for 10 minutes and my monitor shows her eyes shut so I am assuming she off to dreamland.

So, I suggest a sleep sack. She probably could stand up in one still...but thankfully, doesn't even try so yah!!!

Happy baby=happy provider
MARSTELAC 06:57 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
LOL!! That you posted this right now.....I just put one of my littles down for her morning snooze and she is doing the same thing. She stands and has no idea how to let go and sit back down so I had to go "rescue" her. after three trips in, I dug out the sleep sack and put her in that. She has been quiet now for 10 minutes and my monitor shows her eyes shut so I am assuming she off to dreamland.

So, I suggest a sleep sack. She probably could stand up in one still...but thankfully, doesn't even try so yah!!!

Happy baby=happy provider
I'll buy one tonight even though I won't need it much longer! After many children of my own, why didn't I think of that? I guess I don't recall mine doing that!!!
Thank you....excellent idea!!!!!!
laundrymom 07:05 AM 01-26-2012
I don't rescue, the first few times, I remove one hand, then the other let them fall. After that I let them figure it out.
KBCsMommy 08:45 AM 01-26-2012
I had this problem too with one of my dc babies. I made him a mitted shirt. It worked long enough that by the time he figured out how to stand up with his hands "mitted", he was able to get down by himself.

I had tried a sleep sack too but it didn't work for him he would use his hands to pull himself up.
Tags:crib standing
Reply Up