Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!

New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! Introduce yourself. Find out how to use your account and forum features. Who are you? Why do you do/use daycare? What brought you here? What kind of daycare are you associated with?

Old 10-31-2011, 01:36 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Red face Starting Home Daycare in Chicago

I have started the process and so far I am doing everything alone and I was just trying to get advice from anyone who has already went through this process. How long will it take and should I start buying things already?
Old 10-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Cuteness overload lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Home Daycare Provi View Post
I have started the process and so far I am doing everything alone and I was just trying to get advice from anyone who has already went through this process. How long will it take and should I start buying things already?
In Chicago they will ask that your daycare be set up when they come to do the home evaluation. Your licensing representative will come to you to view how you are set up, look at your first aid kit, check all your sockets, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors. I will advise you to go ahead and get things ready.

I went to Craigslist.org and was able to get some great deals from people that were closing daycare center and daycare homes. They have the ABC fire extinguishers at Home Depot for $17-$20 and smoke detectors for $4-$5 (remember you need one for each room the children will be in) and carbon monoxide detectors from there as well for $17-$20. I purchased my first aide kit from Walmart for $9.99.

The total process for me was about 6 months before the fire marshall came out to do the home inspection. If I can think of anything else, I'll be sure to post it here. Good Luck and congrats on your business venture!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Felisha

Default License exempt to License

Hi,
This is my first time to this site. I'm a license exempt provider, I wanted to know can I used my client house to watch her children. The reason why I say that is because I'm a renter. I want to become a licensed home daycare provider. I told my landlord about it she was kind of iffy on the situation. That why I ask the question in the process becoming license can I use my provider house.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:20 PM
athomemommy

In IL you have to use where you live if you are going to be licensed.

I just sent in my paperwork. I am blogging my process.
www.everydayonpurpose.blogspot.com

I would love to stay in contact as we continue this adventure.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Cuteness overload lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felisha View Post
Hi,
This is my first time to this site. I'm a license exempt provider, I wanted to know can I used my client house to watch her children. The reason why I say that is because I'm a renter. I want to become a licensed home daycare provider. I told my landlord about it she was kind of iffy on the situation. That why I ask the question in the process becoming license can I use my provider house.
You can use your client's home ONLY if you are license exempt. When you provide licensed home daycare it has to be in your home. When you obtain your license you will be able to have up to 8 children in your care including any children of your own.

Is your landlord skeptical of you running a home daycare because of insurance reasons? I would get to the bottom of that. My landlord was happy for me when I asked about the home daycare. He even helped to make sure I was in compliance before the walk through and the inspection.

I hope all goes well with you both.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Cuteness overload lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by athomemommy View Post
In IL you have to use where you live if you are going to be licensed.

I just sent in my paperwork. I am blogging my process.
www.everydayonpurpose.blogspot.com

I would love to stay in contact as we continue this adventure.
Blogging is a cool idea. I would blog but I'm lazy on the computer.

I'm going to check you out. Congrats to you!!!

Tags
chicago, illinois, new member