Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>HELP 4 1/2 Yr Old In Diapers No End In Sight!
PitterPatter 11:52 AM 03-13-2012
I have tried everything to get a 4 1/2 yr old out of diapers (and 3 yr old boy). Sometimes we get lucky I just happen to get her on the potty but it's just luck she will not ever tell me when she has to go!! She will sit in a diaper full of poop and tell me she didn't poop that it was her brother, he in turn does the same so I have to go around looking down everyones pants and it's just getting very frustrating! I can't keep running them up the steps every 30 mins to an hour. I just dont have time, plus everyone has to go... What can I do? It's like they don't know they have a load of crap or wet diaper at all! I know part of the reason may be because they are so used to sitting in it at home BUT this has got to change here! I have been working with them for over a year now! 4 1/2 yr old girl and 3 yr old boy. I am getting disgusted changing such a big girls diapers! It's not normal to me. She looks like she could be in kindergarten and it's just really bothering me to change her diapers and wipe her down!! Has anyone encountered this type of problem what do you do?

I go over the routine every day, many times a day, and EVERY time I find a wet diaper. I ask where they are supposed to go. They will say in potty. I ask if they forget or have an accident what do they do they will say tell sally. So I assume they know it and understand so why? Dear God give me the knowlege WHY? When I ask why they just shrug their shoulders. (they do this to 90% of questions here) I tell them use your words don't shrug. Then they just stand and stare at me with NO response like I'm not even talking to them.

I pray all the time I can beat this and NOTHING works! They only stay dry if I constantly run them upstairs. I can't do it any longer I'm literally in pain from a dozen potty trips already today! I'm about to rip my hair out or scream!
Tags:diapers, potty trained - not
Up