Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Funshine VS. MGT??
LaLa1923 09:05 AM 05-14-2013
Which one do you like and why? I'm leaning toward Funshine only because it caters to younger kids more than MGT.
mbullette 09:39 AM 05-14-2013
I looking into either Funshine or Star-Brite. I am not sure what I am going to go with yet but leaning more towards Star-Brite. I am interested to see what others have to say.
LaLa1923 10:37 AM 05-14-2013
Originally Posted by mbullette:
I looking into either Funshine or Star-Brite. I am not sure what I am going to go with yet but leaning more towards Star-Brite. I am interested to see what others have to say.
I'm just curious, why star brite??
butterfly 10:46 AM 05-14-2013
I ordered one month of funshine recently. It was an older month available at 1/2 price. I didn't care for it. I like MGT better, because it has each day already laid out for me. I don't have to prep anything. Just open the box and do the materials.

I make my own now, but I felt like I'd pretty much be making my own with Funshine too and still having to pay a company for their idea/theme. I wasn't sold on it. I know others love it...
mamac 10:47 AM 05-14-2013
I don't know anything about Funshine but I just received my sample of MGT and I was not at all impressed. The printed pages are nice to look at but I just didn't care for the way they did their themes. It did seem to be geared towards older children and it was a bit pricey.

I suggest calling both places and requesting samples and then decide.
mbullette 12:24 PM 05-14-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I'm just curious, why star brite??
I know several people who use it and love it. I just ordered it for June so I am going to see how it is. I have heard a lot of people dont care for Funshine. I know everyone has their own personal favorite.
youretooloud 12:59 PM 05-14-2013
I'm not a fan of premade curriculums, but of those two, I much prefer Mother Goose Time.
Unregistered 01:56 PM 05-14-2013
I have used MGT for over 12 years! I LOVE IT!! The kids really get in to it and it has so many extension activities to use as well.

Downfall, a little pricey and it is really geared more for 3-5. Hard for the younger kids to do many of the activities. Great for preschoolers though! and the customer service is terrific!
Sprouts 09:57 PM 05-14-2013
I just ordered Funshine too lol
I ordered butter cups and fireflies for June, I dont have much time to plan a curriculum (3 kids of my own and a yadayadayada) so it helps to have something planned out and I love the newsletters to give to parents....not sure if they care though :/

I was thinking of gettin it for one year and just reusing it or something like that...

Also confessions of a homeschooler has a nice letter of the week with lots of activities, it does take a lot of time to prepare and INK but the 3+ love it.
countrymom 05:46 AM 05-15-2013
I liked mgt, but I'll confess, I was just buying it because the art was good. It came with all the stuff, I didn't have to think about it. My group loves art all day and don't care for circle time.
Reply Up