Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Funny Things Kids Say....
AnythingsPossible 07:53 AM 11-24-2010
I don't usually get to big of a chuckle from the kids, but I was laughing my head off this morning. I have 3 girls all almost 5 years old sitting at the table this morning doing puzzles. They are talking about mom's while working. One of the girls says, your mom is your mom no matter what, and then they all say together, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
I busted up laughing. It was just so funny that they all thought to say the same thing to the comment of your mom is your mom no matter what.
Good way to start out a short day!!!!
laundrymom 08:53 AM 11-24-2010
rofl!!!!! that is funny!!!! I had my sweet little Q tell me this morning,.. Daddy farts in the car so he doesnt when he comes inside to take off my coat Miss J. lolol
VTMom 09:31 AM 11-24-2010
That's hysterical!

My son told me this morning that he loves Thanksgiving and me, because I give him peanuts to snack on for Thanksgiving. That's why I'm the best dancer, singer AND cooker! Makes total sense to a 3 year old!
laundrymom 09:33 AM 11-24-2010
that is love right there!!! =-) now go right it down, date it and have him draw a picture,... this is one you do NOT want to forget. =-)

Originally Posted by VTMom:
That's hysterical!

My son told me this morning that he loves Thanksgiving and me, because I give him peanuts to snack on for Thanksgiving. That's why I'm the best dancer, singer AND cooker! Makes total sense to a 3 year old!

SilverSabre25 10:05 AM 11-24-2010
This one is from my own DD. I had been referring to the baby in my tummy as "Peanut" and after the ultrasound I got at 8 weeks, the pictures have been up on the fridge. One morning, DD pointed at the fridge and announced loudly, "Mommy! There's the pen(is) in your tummy!" I could not for the life of me figure out what the heck she was talking about! DH finally realized that she was trying to say Peanut. I corrected her, enunciating VERY clearly, and she went about her business. I had to go outside to crack up because I didn't want her to hear me. Too funny. I'm laughing just remembering it.

I need a new nickname for this baby...
laundrymom 10:07 AM 11-24-2010
how about bellybean?

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
This one is from my own DD. I had been referring to the baby in my tummy as "Peanut" and after the ultrasound I got at 8 weeks, the pictures have been up on the fridge. One morning, DD pointed at the fridge and announced loudly, "Mommy! There's the pen(is) in your tummy!" I could not for the life of me figure out what the heck she was talking about! DH finally realized that she was trying to say Peanut. I corrected her, enunciating VERY clearly, and she went about her business. I had to go outside to crack up because I didn't want her to hear me. Too funny. I'm laughing just remembering it.

VTMom 10:17 AM 11-24-2010

Too funny! When my daughter was two and in daycare, the bad word circulating for the older kids was "penis". When she'd get mad at me she would yell out "peanut"! I was pretty sure I knew what she was saying without knowing the source (I found out later after talking about to my dcp). My husband was in total denial until he heard her say it in anger!
Blackcat31 10:41 AM 11-24-2010
This happened when my own dd was about 2 (she is 22 yr now) and the whole Rug Rats cartoon was very popular. Well, little Tommy was getting a new baby brother Dil and my daughter wanted one for Christmas. We were at a friends house with several other couples. One of the women asked my daughter what she wanted for Christmas that year and my dd announced VERY loudly "I want a Dil-doll!" I just about fell over from laughter as all the parents looked at me with this strange look. After, I stopped laughing, I explained that it wasn't what it sounded like. We tell this story to all her friends....I guess that is the pay back!
MarinaVanessa 01:51 PM 11-24-2010
I called mine "the peanut" also. After that he was called whatever fruit was as big as him i.e. "the grapefruit", "the melon" etc. Then in the last few months he was the "turkey". My fiance called him that because he took it upon himself to help me put lotion on my belly, you know for stretch marks. It was "his job" as he called it and would refer to it as time to "butter up the turkey" .

I do like the belly bean though, very cute.
SilverSabre25 08:35 PM 11-27-2010
Bellybean is cute. I also have been calling it whatever fruit it is this week (although this has led to hysterical giggles from the three year old who now thinks the baby turned into a peach).
Abigail 09:48 PM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This happened when my own dd was about 2 (she is 22 yr now) and the whole Rug Rats cartoon was very popular. Well, little Tommy was getting a new baby brother Dil and my daughter wanted one for Christmas. We were at a friends house with several other couples. One of the women asked my daughter what she wanted for Christmas that year and my dd announced VERY loudly "I want a Dil-doll!" I just about fell over from laughter as all the parents looked at me with this strange look. After, I stopped laughing, I explained that it wasn't what it sounded like. We tell this story to all her friends....I guess that is the pay back!
So funny! I remember most of the rugrat shows too, ha ha.
newtodaycare22 09:57 AM 11-28-2010
One of my dck loves to randomly yell out "RED LIGHT!" and watch everyone freeze. Usually, the other kids join in and think its fun.

Wednesday, she decided to yell out "RED LIGHT!" and the boy around her completely ignored her. He walked right by, so she followed him and tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned around, she put out her hand and yelled, "TICKET!" hahaha
missnikki 06:37 AM 11-29-2010
My younger kids like to replace a word in their sentences with the word "cow". It's funny to hear, "Mrs Nikki, look at my cow!" or "I have a cow in my backpack." But the best one was when the toilet was clogged, and my little 5 year old ran up to me and whispered, "I put a big cow in the toilet and it won't flush down." At least, it was funny until I had to fix it.
san4os 06:52 AM 11-29-2010
=) I like childrens humor =))

I spent a lot of time watching video from youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlg...sh+div-1r-3-HM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hhdr1IPOGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-uZN6LxIm8

have a nice day =))
MARSTELAC 08:03 AM 11-29-2010
About a year or so ago, one of my then-3-year-old daycare kids told me how he got up in the middle of the night and went into mommy and daddy's room and they had no clothes on and that the mom said someone "snuck" in and took their clothes and threw them away while they were sleeping ;-) I still chuckle about this one! Mommy and daddy have since put a lock on their door!
sjcsgpr 02:05 PM 12-02-2010
Hahaha, to blackcat31. My friends would never let the dil-doll go.

The big cow in the toilet is amazingly funny.

One of the girls in my care was walking around with a pillow under her shirt and when I asked her why, she said she wanted to look just like mommy, who thankfully is expecting her second!
Michael 02:17 PM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by sjcsgpr:
Hahaha, to blackcat31. My friends would never let the dil-doll go.

The big cow in the toilet is amazingly funny.

One of the girls in my care was walking around with a pillow under her shirt and when I asked her why, she said she wanted to look just like mommy, who thankfully is expecting her second!
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum sjcsgpr. We've had 5 new members sign up today!
Former Teacher 04:09 PM 12-02-2010
The little boy I watch (who will be 3 in January) is a comedian every day. There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I don't crack up laughing.

Today's gem : I love to sing oldies songs (even though I am only 37) to him and his 6 month old baby sister. Right now he has the Carpenter's song Close to You down pat

Today I was singing from Sound of Music Do Re Mi....He was getting mad and kept on saying...stop singing!!!!! I just kept on getting louder and louder. R kept on saying "stop singing! stop singing!"..Finally I stopped and I asked R..why should I stop singing? R said..because I don't like that song. I asked..why don't you like that song? R just stared at me. I explained to R..its ok not to like a song but I just wanted to know why he didn't like the song. R said.."I don't like that song because its to noisy!"

I couldn't stop laughing!
Blackcat31 07:29 AM 12-03-2010
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
The little boy I watch (who will be 3 in January) is a comedian every day. There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I don't crack up laughing.
I have one like that too! He is also 3 yr old. The other day we were talking about animals and whether they have fur or feathers or slimy skin etc. We were on the area about fur and the kids were all trying to think of as many animals they could that had fur and this little guy goes "I know one!" I say "what?' and he says "Big daddies!" I go "what?" and he says "Yeah, big daddies when they take off their shirts they are all furry!" I have no idea where this came from because his own dad is not in his life and mom has no significant other that I know of (?) He is just one of those kids that you can practically see his wheels turning!
Blackcat31 08:24 AM 01-13-2011
one of my 3 yr old dcb's is in the other room telling the other kids "We are having envelopes for lunch. Oh, I love envelopes...can't you smell the envelopes?" I was listening for a bit wondering wth? Finally I figured it out....

I'm cutting up cantelope to have with lunch.......
Little People 08:59 AM 01-13-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
rofl!!!!! that is funny!!!! I had my sweet little Q tell me this morning,.. Daddy farts in the car so he doesnt when he comes inside to take off my coat Miss J. lolol
This is to funny!! If only daddy knew
MarinaVanessa 03:59 PM 01-13-2011
Today DCG 3 was singing the song by the Kittycat dolls (wouldn't let me put their real name :lol) "Dont cha?" and I was concerned for a second until I really paid attention. I hear her singing the main chorus like this:

"washa washa your dishes hot like me, washa washa dishes for free like me ...DONT CHA!!!

Which reminded me that a few weeks ago I asked my DD to sing the bumble bee song (I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee, won't my mommy be so proud of me). Well she sang:

"I'm a bee, I'm a bee ... I'm a, I'm a bumble bee" (Black Eyed Peas-Imma Be)
momatheart 05:14 PM 01-13-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
OMG I am laughing so bad over here. That is hilarious!
My Daycare 05:16 PM 01-13-2011
Last Summer...
Me: "Lets put the toy sponges in the sun so they can dry."
Kid: "Oh, the sun has towels?"

This Fall...
Kid: "Where butterflies go?"
Me: "It's to cold for them to fly around here in the winter."
Kid: "Butterflies need coat!"

Today...
Son: "C's always coming over cause his Mommy & Daddy's lost."

I was just thinking of pulling this thread back up today.
momatheart 05:25 PM 01-13-2011
There is a new liquor store going in near dcb's home and he was calling it a licorice store. LOL

This same child had also told me that his dad has fur in his nose.
Ashley 08:54 AM 01-14-2011
We were having raisins with breakfast this morning and dcg4 says "dad says he will give me a raisin to cry but he doesn't." I couldn't stop laughing.
SandeeAR 10:55 AM 01-14-2011
Tuesday was a snow day at school, so I had the Kindergarten sister of my 2.5 y/o. She loves my 29 y/o daughter (who tries to drop by around work, when she is here). She ask if she was coming today. I told her no, she had to work. She paused, then looked at me, and asked me "Why don't you work?" I had to bite my tongue not to laugh. And told her, I do work. My job is taking care of you and the other kids while your parents go to thier jobs and work. She gave me this look of, ok, but I'm not sure I believe you!
Luna 11:30 AM 01-14-2011
Last spring we found an open robin's egg on the ground. I asked "what do you think used to be inside this egg?"

Dcb: "Chocolate!"

When we see trash on the street we talk about whether it should be in the garbage or in recycling (then we bag & dispose). We saw a beer bottle and I said "Uh oh, that doesn't belong there, where does that belong?"

Dcb: "In somebody's mouth".
e.j. 02:08 PM 01-14-2011
When I first started my day care, I cared for my niece who was the same age as my dd -about 3. They were like sisters and usually played well together but every now and then, they'd get on each others' nerves. One day, as I was rocking and feeding an infant, I heard them arguing. I called to them but couldn't easily get up to go to them. The next thing I knew, my dd walked up to me and said, "Mom! Jo's acting like an idiot!" I was just about to correct her for saying this about her cousin when my niece came over to me and whined, "But Auntie, I'm not acting!" I tried to keep a straight face but I just lost it! I laughed so hard, I couldn't feed the baby.
E Daycare 06:15 PM 01-14-2011
My kids dont really talk yet but I LOVE the way my son (18 mo) pronounces some of his words. My favorites so far:

GARbage (in what sounds like a very thick New Jersey accent)
nonin: For snoman or snowing
buttbe: for butt cream and climbing. Weird for climbing I know...
bimpy: For our Cat Stimpy
Mox: for our Cat Moxie
Ya or Yaya: Lovey
Ne: Tent

We work really hard on learning the words the right way but with very few teeth theres a lot of lisping going on too. LOL. Its just so cute...
Childminder 07:39 PM 01-14-2011
Dcb4 was sitting eating lunch when he pointed to the pitcher on the table and asked for something from the 'pour-a-bowl' to drink. He's a hoot. Skeletons are 'skuckles' and bananas have 'wrappers'.
Lucy 09:46 PM 01-14-2011
2 yo girl had eaten lots of clementine oranges and the acid caused a slight diaper rash, so we were using A&D ointment for about a week. So now she has it in her head that whenever we change her diaper, she needs ointment. But what she says is: "I need oipen?". Cracks me up everytime, even though I know it's coming. Now I just reply, "No oipen today."
Tags:funny, rugrat
Reply Up