Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crazy Coincidence!
EchoMom 12:15 PM 09-23-2012
I have an interview on Thursday, the person found me from a friend of a friend of someone I currently provide care for. The referred parent I'm interviewing just happens to have GREW UP IN MY HOUSE and was the previous occupant my mom bought the house from!!!!

Now she might bring her child to me for daycare, in the same house she grew up in. BTW I do NOT live in a small town, this is crazy odd! Wow, small world!!!
SilverSabre25 01:44 PM 09-23-2012
haha! That is so wild!
lovemykidstoo 02:57 PM 09-23-2012
That is soooo weird!! Did you give her a tour! That is nuts.

I had a little boy one time that I took care of and come to find out, the house his dad grew up in, was our first house. Weird. That will be so weird for her to come and drop him off everyday!!
Breezy 03:13 PM 09-23-2012
How neat! I keep telling DH I want to buy the house that I grew up in!
Blackcat31 08:38 AM 09-24-2012
Wow, that is weird but kind of cool!

The house I own to run my daycare is a home my DH and I rented together right after highschool. Had no idea we would some day own the home....maybe would have been kinder to the house.... LOL!!
Oneluckymom 12:18 PM 09-24-2012
I think this is so cool!! It REALLY is a small world... I've always said "never burn your bridges"!
Lilbutterflie 12:47 PM 09-24-2012
Wow, that is so neat!

I watch a dcb whose parents bid on the house we bought! We must've outbid them, heehee!!
e.j. 03:53 PM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by glenechogirl:
I have an interview on Thursday, the person found me from a friend of a friend of someone I currently provide care for. The referred parent I'm interviewing just happens to have GREW UP IN MY HOUSE and was the previous occupant my mom bought the house from!!!!

Now she might bring her child to me for daycare, in the same house she grew up in. BTW I do NOT live in a small town, this is crazy odd! Wow, small world!!!
Sounds like it was meant to be.

The only other story I've heard similar to this was when my sil happened to pass by a yard sale one Saturday. She drove past it but something told her to turn back and stop at the sale. She had been looking for an extra storage unit to use in her dd's bedroom and spotted an old shelving unit she liked. She asked if she paid for it now, could she have her husband pick it up in the truck after he got home from work that day. The person selling the shelving unit offered to deliver it to her as soon as the yard sale was over. When she gave that person her address, he told her that his aunt had previously owned that house and that the shelving unit had belonged to her - until she gave it to him when she sold her house. Now it was heading "back home" again.
Country Kids 05:56 PM 09-24-2012
Had a yard sale this summer. One of the customers that came had lived here thirty years ago. I loved it as I was able to ask her somethings about my house. What shocked me was some of the same things are still in my house that were there when she lived here. We have fixed it up but still used some of the things just in a more "modern" way.
countrymom 05:41 AM 09-25-2012
my next door neighbour grew up in my house when it was on another road and moved to where it sits now. Oh he's 80 yrs old and my house is 100 yrs old.
Reply Up