Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Totally OT! Would You Buy This? If Yes, How Much Would You Spend?
Former Teacher 07:16 AM 09-29-2012
First and foremost, I am not selling this on here. I just need need some unbiased, outside people's opinion.

Years ago when I taught preschool, my sister made this for me. My class LOVED playing with it. Anyway, I have no need for it anymore.

If you saw something like this, would you purchase it for your business? If yes, how much would you spend on it?

I ask this because I have posted it on CL and on free local FB pages. However the answers I have been getting are ridiculous. One only wanted to pay $5! I realize that it is used. However it is still in very like new condition, despite grubby 4-5 year old hands on it , and it took a LONG time for my sister to make, with all the little pieces etc.

As I said in my previous ads, I don't want to gouge someone. However it is to nice of a piece to just give it away.

Thoughts?
Attached: abc.jpg (93.2 KB) 
Michelle 08:32 AM 09-29-2012
that is really nice, I have the Lakeshore one, I would pay $25 for it at least
Former Teacher 09:11 AM 09-29-2012
Originally Posted by Michelle:
that is really nice, I have the Lakeshore one, I would pay $25 for it at least
Thank you Michelle!

I did not know that Lakeshore even had one. Now I have something to compare it to.

Thanks again!
Former Teacher 09:19 AM 09-29-2012
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
First and foremost, I am not selling this on here. I just need need some unbiased, outside people's opinion.

Years ago when I taught preschool, my sister made this for me. My class LOVED playing with it. Anyway, I have no need for it anymore.

If you saw something like this, would you purchase it for your business? If yes, how much would you spend on it?

I ask this because I have posted it on CL and on free local FB pages. However the answers I have been getting are ridiculous. One only wanted to pay $5! I realize that it is used. However it is still in very like new condition, despite grubby 4-5 year old hands on it , and it took a LONG time for my sister to make, with all the little pieces etc.

As I said in my previous ads, I don't want to gouge someone. However it is to nice of a piece to just give it away.

Thoughts?
Michelle-

Could you please perhaps post a link for the one you have? That way I have something to compare it to.

Thanks!
Sunchimes 09:22 AM 09-29-2012
I have an etsy shop, and I would ask at least $40 for it new. If all of the thread ends are secure and nothing is unraveling, I would pay $25 without blinking an eye.
EchoMom 09:27 AM 09-29-2012
I instantly thought lakeshore as well. I have a similar item of vinyl pockets and thick cardboard pickes, many pieces for each letter and I think I probably paid 50 for it. I would agree with $25 easily.
Kaddidle Care 09:34 AM 09-29-2012
That is so cute and it looks new! Hold out for at least $25.00 PLUS shipping costs.
Happy Hearts 10:26 AM 09-29-2012
Hard to say as it I can't tell how big it is. But it is cool.
Former Teacher 11:17 AM 09-29-2012
Thank you all!

I was beginning to think that I was the crazy one. Glad to know I am not!

I am thinking of listing it on eBay and if that doesn't work then etsy.

Thank you all again!
Breezy 11:48 AM 09-29-2012
Id pay $23-$35
daycarediva 11:52 AM 09-29-2012
I would pay $25+shipping. So, um....are you selling it?
cheerfuldom 12:19 PM 09-29-2012
I could see that easily being $40 or more online. I personally wouldnt spend more than $10 but I am a cheapskate. However, if I saw that someone else had one and they paid $40, I would think they got a good deal.
Former Teacher 02:31 PM 09-29-2012
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would pay $25+shipping. So, um....are you selling it?
Actually I am!

I posted that I wasn't selling HERE because I don't want it to seem like I am selling stuff here

FYI: I always thought $20-25 was reasonable. It was just after all the low responses I just needed some opinions.
Michael 04:18 PM 09-29-2012
$40 is fair.
countrymom 05:13 PM 09-29-2012
that is so cute. I love it. Um where did your sister get that pattern, I would make one for my group. Oh I think 25 or 30 dollars is fair--but only a really crafter would know the time and sweat that was put into it
Abigail 06:16 PM 09-29-2012
Everyone likes things differently. If you want more than what people are willing to pay you may need to change your listing or say it's better in person. I personally can find lots of "home-made" items at thrift shops and would only pay a few dollars for it as well. I pay more for hard to find and easy-to-clean and name brand child care items when I find them. I also understand how someone would love your item too and pay more for it because I know I pay for things that others would not want either, lol. Sentimental items are hard to part with without a high price tag too. I ended up donating some of my items because I didn't want to know the dollar value on them because they were worth much more to me I just didn't need them.
Former Teacher 06:50 PM 09-29-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
that is so cute. I love it. Um where did your sister get that pattern, I would make one for my group. Oh I think 25 or 30 dollars is fair--but only a really crafter would know the time and sweat that was put into it
Thanks countrymom!

I asked my sister and she said she ordered a leaflet online with the pattern. She believed it was from Leisure Arts but she can't remember.

Hmmm I just saw another thread with someone selling some daycare items. Maybe I will put it up for sale here.

Anyone interested?
Tags:alphabet, learning, quilted, wwyd
Reply Up