Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does This Letter Sound Good?
WImom 09:25 AM 06-03-2013
I have a family I interviewed in April. They contacted me today and said they weren't sure yet but wanted to know if I had space still. I felt that they had to many things that didn't match with me. Mom works later than I am open, wanted to know if I could switch, I said no. DCB takes naps 2 hours earlier than we do, they eat only organic, we don't and they wanted to atleast bring his milk (okay, but could become a pain), mom asked right away what my termination policy was if they wanted to leave (I thought that was a red flag that they wouldn't be long term).

So how does this letter sound?? Would you tell them why?

Hi ******,

I conduct interviews to make sure we both feel we are a good fit for each other. Although it was great meeting your family at this time I feel my childcare is not a good fit for your family. I wish you luck on your childcare search. Here is a list of childcare’s in the area – http://********

Thanks,
Sugar Magnolia 09:40 AM 06-03-2013
Sounds great.
Laurel 09:41 AM 06-03-2013
Originally Posted by WImom:
I have a family I interviewed in April. They contacted me today and said they weren't sure yet but wanted to know if I had space still. I felt that they had to many things that didn't match with me. Mom works later than I am open, wanted to know if I could switch, I said no. DCB takes naps 2 hours earlier than we do, they eat only organic, we don't and they wanted to atleast bring his milk (okay, but could become a pain), mom asked right away what my termination policy was if they wanted to leave (I thought that was a red flag that they wouldn't be long term).

Hi ******,

I conduct interviews to make sure we both feel we are a good fit for each other. Although it was great meeting your family at this time I feel my childcare is not a good fit for your family. I wish you luck on your childcare search. Here is a list of childcare’s in the area – http://********

Thanks,
I think it sounds just fine!

Just put a comma after family in the second sentence.

Laurel
mamac 01:05 PM 06-03-2013
Originally Posted by WImom:

Hi ******,

Thanks,
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I think it sounds just fine!

Just put a comma after family in the second sentence.

Laurel
Sounds good but you also need to remove the apostrophe in "childcare's" or change it to childcare providers. (sounds a little better, IMO)

mama0609 07:45 PM 06-03-2013
I would just tell her the spot has been filled and leave it at that.
Reply Up