Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Facebook business page
BabyMonkeys 06:29 AM 06-02-2016
I have had my personal Facebook page for 8 years, 2 years ago I started a private group for only the families currently in my care. That page has over 2,000 pictures and videos, so I don't want to open that for the public. I have absolutely no idea how to advertise on Facebook. I have not joined any Facebook groups because I don't want to give access to my own personal page to anyone. I literally have less than 20 "friends" and they are all either family or close friends. I have been full for the last 2+ years. When I advertised on Craigslist then I had a few nut jobs, but then found 3 amazing families. This time? Omgosh! I fear for the future of humanity. There has not been a single response that I would even contemplate interviewing. There have been a few families that sounded like they might have potential until they realized my rates and hours were non-negotiable. A couple of them responded so aggressively you would have thought I insulted their mother! Surely Facebook has to be better than Craigslist. I can't imagine it could possibly be worse.
Thriftylady 06:44 AM 06-02-2016
I'll share the link that of my FB page I use for business. I had to use a separate email to do it. I have pics on it, but parents have signed off and as much as possible I don't show faces. To advertise, write a post on the page and "boost" it. You can choose how much you spend, how many days to run it, what demographic you want to see it, etc. My page isn't great, but it has gotten me a few contacts I wouldn't have got another way. The think I hate is constantly logging out of one page and into the other.

https://www.facebook.com/HIlton-Dayc...6497151481840/
spedmommy4 07:15 AM 06-02-2016
I think Facebook success depends on your area. I am currently in central California and the responses I get from Facebook ads are generally not near as good as Craigslist. I get a lot of parents from Facebook wanting $75 a week care.

And then there is the whole "parent review" aspect of having a Facebook. I had a mom lose it recently when I enforced a policy and she posted a very nasty review. In a year and a half, this was my first bad Facebook experience, but I almost shut down my page over it.

A link to my Facebook is here: https://m.facebook.com/milestoneseclc/?ref=bookmarks

When I started out, I did not have much on my Facebook. It's pretty comprehensive now, and I link it to my website.
Thriftylady 07:27 AM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
I think Facebook success depends on your area. I am currently in central California and the responses I get from Facebook ads are generally not near as good as Craigslist. I get a lot of parents from Facebook wanting $75 a week care.

And then there is the whole "parent review" aspect of having a Facebook. I had a mom lose it recently when I enforced a policy and she posted a very nasty review. In a year and a half, this was my first bad Facebook experience, but I almost shut down my page over it.

A link to my Facebook is here: https://m.facebook.com/milestoneseclc/?ref=bookmarks

When I started out, I did not have much on my Facebook. It's pretty comprehensive now, and I link it to my website.
I agree. I have had a lot of FB contacts that want to pay $50 a week. And there are providers here that charge that (and less), I don't talk very long with those families. Our CL is 50 miles from us, and although people here use it a little, they use the FB groups more. So your area really does make a difference what works. When I first started FB, I didn't post much to it, didn't have many pics and such. Now I try to post at least 2-3 times a week and that has made a difference.
Snowmom 07:38 AM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by BabyMonkeys:
I have had my personal Facebook page for 8 years, 2 years ago I started a private group for only the families currently in my care. That page has over 2,000 pictures and videos, so I don't want to open that for the public. I have absolutely no idea how to advertise on Facebook. I have not joined any Facebook groups because I don't want to give access to my own personal page to anyone. I literally have less than 20 "friends" and they are all either family or close friends. I have been full for the last 2+ years. When I advertised on Craigslist then I had a few nut jobs, but then found 3 amazing families. This time? Omgosh! I fear for the future of humanity. There has not been a single response that I would even contemplate interviewing. There have been a few families that sounded like they might have potential until they realized my rates and hours were non-negotiable. A couple of them responded so aggressively you would have thought I insulted their mother! Surely Facebook has to be better than Craigslist. I can't imagine it could possibly be worse.
Personally, I hate Facebook.
The only business aspect I use of it is to join daycare groups (parents post in these groups when they are looking for care and providers are only allowed to reply- no ad posting is allowed).
I have my own webpage with an introduction, contact info, philosophy and pictures. I promote this website on a handful of other sites: daycare.com, my local association website and a mom's group. I get more traffic/calls from my association website than anything else.

Facebook just causes drama in my opinion.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 08:29 AM 06-02-2016
Here is my page- www.facebook.com/MrsSteinelsHouse

My parents like it and I always give it to perspective parents so they can get a feel for my house.
Controlled Chaos 08:37 AM 06-02-2016
I live in UT and FB has been great for my business. I have a business gmail account. I public FB page (I only post pics of kids with a signed release and often only post blog like stuff like "I like this educational toy because..." or "Here is the bug theme snack we had" or "here are my 5 favorite books on space"). The FB links to my website. Prospective families like they can see the variety of art/educational/free play/outdoor play etc. we do each week. I also post my weekly menu. I have a security setting that I have to approve all posts before they appear on the page and can hide comments made so they are only available to the posters friends. I have only done that a handful of times. Mainly when someone posts something personal or awkward Often my dad lol All the daycare families adore him, he give them all christmas gifts and they call him Grandpa, but if you didn't know him it could come off creepy.

It also helps me meet some STARS requirements regarding communication with parents. I can post educational articles, links to community activities etc. The day before the 1st a post "Here's what we are learning this month" a shortened version of my newsletter and reminder tuition is due the next day.

I have used it for 2 years now. So far, nothing but good things to say. I have also done a few paid ads back in when I first got licensed. It brought tons of calls and interviews in for $7 a day ads...I ran 2 two week ads my first 6 months. I think I have 150 likes. 50-100 people see my posts every week - just to give you an idea.
BabyMonkeys 08:57 AM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I live in UT and FB has been great for my business. I have a business gmail account. I public FB page (I only post pics of kids with a signed release and often only post blog like stuff like "I like this educational toy because..." or "Here is the bug theme snack we had" or "here are my 5 favorite books on space"). The FB links to my website. Prospective families like they can see the variety of art/educational/free play/outdoor play etc. we do each week. I also post my weekly menu. I have a security setting that I have to approve all posts before they appear on the page and can hide comments made so they are only available to the posters friends. I have only done that a handful of times. Mainly when someone posts something personal or awkward Often my dad lol All the daycare families adore him, he give them all christmas gifts and they call him Grandpa, but if you didn't know him it could come off creepy.

It also helps me meet some STARS requirements regarding communication with parents. I can post educational articles, links to community activities etc. The day before the 1st a post "Here's what we are learning this month" a shortened version of my newsletter and reminder tuition is due the next day.

I have used it for 2 years now. So far, nothing but good things to say. I have also done a few paid ads back in when I first got licensed. It brought tons of calls and interviews in for $7 a day ads...I ran 2 two week ads my first 6 months. I think I have 150 likes. 50-100 people see my posts every week - just to give you an idea.
Would you mind sharing your Facebook page?
Controlled Chaos 02:02 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by BabyMonkeys:
Would you mind sharing your Facebook page?
I private messaged you the link
Reply Up