Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Moving Up to K Celebration
LittleScholars 03:52 PM 05-30-2018
Do any of you celebrate your kiddos that are moving on? I've had the same cohort since I opened, so I want to do something special. Pinterest has cute ideas, but I'd love to know what fun things you did to celebrate kiddos. I haven't planned any of the details but plan to have a celebration with kids and parents at the end of June.
lblanke 08:54 PM 05-30-2018
My daughter's preschool did a pre K graduation ceremony that was super cute. It was the church preschool, so the kids used the church choir robes and parents bought a cap and tassel (around $5 for 1 child, I think). Kids sang some songs and took pictures in their cute cap and gowns. Lots of the children had been there 4 years when they "graduated." The kids led the group in the pledge (and the pledge to the Bible since it was a church preschool) to start the ceremony. Each child's name was called, and they were given cute Pre K diplomas that the director signed/teachers signed. You could probably buy online or make something cute on the computer.
rosieteddy 06:27 AM 05-31-2018
I often had children stay 4 or 5 yrs.I made a photo book from all the pictures over the years.I titled it Fun Time at Nana's. Then I crocheted a blanket during their last few months.I often crocheted while free play .They picked out the colors and we called it a warm hug from Nana.The last few children received a blanket from Personalized web site as I closed suddenly.Then we would have a special lunch with cupcakes.More low key as I did not want the children see me cry.Off they went on a happy note.
LittleScholars 08:46 AM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
I often had children stay 4 or 5 yrs.I made a photo book from all the pictures over the years.I titled it Fun Time at Nana's. Then I crocheted a blanket during their last few months.I often crocheted while free play .They picked out the colors and we called it a warm hug from Nana.The last few children received a blanket from Personalized web site as I closed suddenly.Then we would have a special lunch with cupcakes.More low key as I did not want the children see me cry.Off they went on a happy note.
This is so sweet!! Thank you for sharing!
Tags:book suggestions, transitional kindergarten, transitioning - to kindergarten
Reply Up