Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Art Of Rolling Over...
Heidi 01:01 PM 06-05-2013
DCG is 6 months next week. Can roll from back to front, but not back. So, 50 times a day, she rolls onto her belly, gets stuck, and needs help rolling back. I let her fuss a little in the hopes that she'll learn, and I've tried showing her how to roll back, but it's week 2, and she's not getting it.

Does anyone have a trick to teach that?

I swear my own kiddos did front-to-back first, but they were tummy sleepers.

I give us both a break a few minutes at a time by putting her in the bouncer. But, on the floor my normally sweet girl had become a crabby patty.
Blackcat31 01:07 PM 06-05-2013
My little one learned the back to front roll first too and I said the same thing...I thought it was back to front first.

What I did was put one of those swing-set type activity gyms over them...the ones that have hanging toys.

The baby would stretch really hard to reach the toys from the tummy position that they automatically started to roll onto their back just from the stretch to reach the toy.
Heidi 01:10 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My little one learned the back to front roll first too and I said the same thing...I thought it was back to front first.

What I did was put one of those swing-set type activity gyms over them...the ones that have hanging toys.

The baby would stretch really hard to reach the toys from the tummy position that they automatically started to roll onto their back just from the stretch to reach the toy.
oooh...I'll try that. I had packed it away because I thought they were too big for it already. Both the 6mo's were starting to pull on the corner posts.
Heidi 01:16 PM 06-05-2013
She gets up really high on her arms, and is starting this caterpillar crawl thing. Interesting technique!
AmyKidsCo 08:07 PM 06-05-2013
Awwww, that's so cute! I can't wait for my new babies to start this fall!
AfterSchoolMom 04:43 AM 06-06-2013
My baby did that - rolled from back to front first and took FOREVER to roll from front to back. He kept getting his arm stuck in the way.

I would hold something out that she's really interested in and as she's looking at it, guide it around until she's forced to roll to continue looking at it.
Heidi 02:42 PM 07-03-2013
Now she can roll just fine, but for the past 2 or 3 weeks has been miserably frustrated about her inability to crawl. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks...then cries and cries and cries.

Please, please sweetie pie, learn how to crawl over the 4 day weekend.

She is so easy-going when she's not learning new stuff...
Reply Up